Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2004, 05:06 AM

HELLO PISCES,

MY WIFE & I HAVE DONE 17 CRUISES SO FAR. WE STARTED OUT WITH A 3 DAY, TO MAKE SURE WE WOULD LIKE THE EXPERIENCE. I GUESS WE DID.
I WOULD SUGGEST YOU GET YOU CHILDREN INVOLVED IN THE CHILDRENS PROGRAMS THE DAY YOU GET ONBOARD. THEY SEGMENT THEM BY AGE. AND PARENTS WE HAVE CRUISED WITH, FIND THE KIDS CANT WAIT TO GET BACK TO HAVING FUN WITH THIER NEW FRIENDS. EVEN THE TEENS HAVE A PLACE ALL TO THEMSELVES, BUT SUPERVISED.
I KNOW THE CRUISE WAS A BIG COST ALL TO ITSELF, BUT IF YOU HAVE WANTED ANY SPECIAL PIECE OF JEWLERY, THIS IS THE TIME TO BE THINKING OF IT. BETWEEN ALL 3 PORTS YOU ARE GOING TO, YOU WILL FIND SOME OF THE BEST SHOPPING, AND DUTY FREE. ONE WORD OF ADVISE. IF YOU SEE IT AND ITS WITHIN YOUR BUDGET, BUY IT. THEY MAY NOT HAVE IT ON THE NEXT ISLAND, EVEN IF THEY HAVE THE SAME STORE THERE.
THE NAVI HAS 2 SUPER PLACES TO TREAT YOURSELVES TO AN EXTRA SPECIAL DINNER. CHOPS & PORTOFINOS. I WOULD DO CHOPS IF YOUR A MEAT LOVER, AND PORTOFINO, IF YOU LOVE ITALIAN. BOTH WILL BE WORTH THE EXTRA 20.00 YOU PAY TO EAT THERE.
IF YOU ENJOY GOING TO SHOWS OR PLAYS, GET TO YOUR SEATING OF THE EVENINGS EVENTS IN THE THEATER EARLY. JUST ABOUT 30 MINS BEFORE STARTING TIME. YOU CAN GET FRONT ROW SEATS AT THIS TIME THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY 100.00 EACH FOR IF YOU WENT TO N.Y.. WE REALLY ENJOY THE SHOWS THEY PUT ON.
DO PLAN TO GET TO THE SHIP AS EARLY AS 11.00AM, BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE A LONG LINE TO STAND IN. I DO NOT KNOW WHEN YOUR PLANE ARRIVES, BUT DONT PLAN YOUR BOARDING BY WHATS PRINTED IN THE DOCS. IF YOU CAN GET THERE EARLY, DO SO.
NOW THAT IS ALL SAID, JUST GET ON BOARD AND RELAX. LET THE CRUISE START FROM THE MOMENT YOU STEP ON SHIP. AND REMEMBER, ONCE ON BOARD, THE KIDS CANT GET OFF, ITS OK FOR THEM TO ROAM ON THIER OWN. RELAX.
AS A SIDE QUESTION, WHERE IN MICHIGAN ARE YOU FROM? I SPENT 38 YEARS IN GROSSE POINTE WOODS, AND ANN ARBOR. NOW WE HAVE LEFT THE COLD BEHIND, AND LIVE IN SUNNY NALPES, FL.

WE KNOW YOU WILL HAVE A BALL.

ENJOY

CURT & VAL
RADDISON-1 TIME
RCI-EXPLORER 05/08/2005 NEXT
Old 11-12-2004, 05:48 AM

Wow,
I popped back in a cruise-chat this morning and I was surprised to see all of the responses!

Thanks for everyone who offered advice and personal experience with the Dolphin Encounters. To Cotesgirlsmom - I didn't realize that part of your party could watch. I was relieved to read that your husband was kicking and screaming before your cruise, but ended up loving it. That gives me hope!

Thanks Norsemen for all of the great info! I'm savoring every bit of advice I can get. We have a very early flight out of Detroit on Sat. 6:40 am (ugh!) We will arrive in Miami quite early, so hopefully we'll be able to avoid some of those long boarding lines. Not a good way to start a vacation!

We live in Macomb Twp. MI, which is a northern suburb near Rochester and Romeo, where today we woke up to frost and temps. in the 20's. >sigh<

The caribbean is looking better and better every day!

kelly aka -
pisces
Old 11-12-2004, 09:17 PM

Have a great cruise! The Navigator of the Seas is awesome!

Tom
Old 11-14-2004, 07:51 PM

PISCES,
HAVE A GREAT TIME, AND DONT FORGET TO SIGN UP IN THE CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY WHEN YOU GET BACK. BECAUSE YOU WILL BE SAILING AGAIN, AND THIS WILL GET YOU COUPONS FOR DISCOUNTS ON FUTURE CRUISES.
SORRY TO HEAR OF THE COLD WEATHER COMING IN. THATS WHY WE LEFT. WOKE UP TO 62 DEG THIS MORNING. WAS A BIT CLOUDY, BUT MADE IT TO 78 TODAY.

SEE YA

CURT & VAL
RADDISON-1 TIME
RCI-EXPLORER 05/08/2005 NEXT

Closed Thread

Tags
crusing, dolphins, family, location, maarten, nassau, navigator, st, swim, thomas