Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2006, 04:42 PM

Ceemonster,
How do you get tea for a couple of days? Do they make you a bunch and you take it to your room or what? Just curious, I've never cruised before yet

Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 11-09-2006, 05:55 PM

Hi Linda (Weslin)

I go to Lattitudes on the ships or the equivalant and just ask them to make me a picture of tea I of course pay them for a specialty tea then I tip them. The tea is always good and as you know in North Carolina its fresh for a couple to 3 days. We drink it so quick that it doesn't go bad and guess what it tastes good with vodka in it. Its a win win situation.I take the whole batch to the room without ice in it and just get extra ice delivered to the room. Remember on a cruise its keep the cruiser happy and its up to you to keep the person giving you the extra service happy with a good tip.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-10-2006, 02:41 AM

Linda,

I see you are in N.C, so are we. You are going to LOVE cruising!! Feel free to e-mail me if you need details on any first time cruising. We are located in the foothills of the state.

Anyway, on our second cruise, we learned a great trick. We took the packs of Crystal Light drink mix and just made our own flavored drinks with water or, most of the time, bottled water. Now that they have all different flavors and individual tubes of mix, try some at home and see what you think. It is a nice way not to have to buy drinks and gives water a little pizazz!!

BTW, these drink cards, do you get a certain number of drinks per cruise with them? Can you buy one adult one and then use it for both you and your wife at different times? Not trying to be cheap or cheating, but I have not been since they come up with these cards so I don't know exactly how it works.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 11-10-2006, 01:27 PM

Speaking of hot tea, I have a question.

I know they have room service, that you can ask them to bring you hot tea. Is that the best way, then you will have it fresh?

I know some cabins have small coffee pots in the room. I wonder if they would have a pot to keep hot water in? That way if you wanted to, you could bring your own flavored tea.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:13 PM

brneyes

The RCCL ships do deliver hot tea to you room. They have the flavored teas usually in areas like the Windjammer restaruant. There is plenty of hot water there also. you can also get specialty teas in Lattitudes. WE also get hot coffee delivered in those thermal pots every morning. I am sure they would not mind substituting coffee for just hot water and tea bags.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-11-2006, 07:52 PM

hi - couldn't resist saying hello to my fellow north carolinians!! we're in the sandhills. we've only been on one cruise and are booked for our second on celebrity in april. i will say the thing we missed most on our first cruise, and will miss on our second cruise, is strong, SWEET tea -- especially at dinner!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 08:09 PM

Hey dixiejen111 I was born in thomasville nc, And I am a big sweet tea person to. Welcome to cruise-chat.Which ship are you going on on the Celebrity Line?

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-12-2006, 06:44 AM

Hey, good to hear from all the North Carolinians!! Ceemonster, good to hear you are from here too. Thomasville, yep, know exactly where that is!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 11-12-2006, 08:29 AM

thanks ceemonster! we're going on the century. our only other cruise was on carnival, so we're exited to be trying a new one. -- even if it WON'T have sweet tea! had a BALL on carnival, but i have to admit hot pink and orange decor doesn't appeal to me! we're excited! are you familiar w/ the century? any advice? and wow -- you're sailing SOON!! hope you have a wonderful voyage!! and same to the others who are cruising soon!
Old 11-12-2006, 08:57 AM

Hey dixiejen111

Well you picked a really great ship and line to go on. When you take your cruise you'll see the difference.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, cruiseship, free, freedom, hot, potable, royal, seas, ship, sweet, tea, unsweetened, water