Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 05:48 AM

When you do a back to back cruise you leave your luggage in your room, but you still have to leave the ship and get back on again. Someone from the ship walks you through this after all the passengers have disembarked. I takes about 20 minutes.

Sonny
Old 02-27-2007, 06:04 AM
Banned

Thanks for the information Sonny. I imagine it would be a very different experience to have a changeover like that. I have debated whether to try something like that, or stick with a longer 11 or 12 day cruise. Seems like on a back to back, you actually lose a day in the confusion.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:33 AM

How about if you have a 10+ hour drive ahead of you? Can you request to disembark early?

Erika
Mariner - Western - May 2007
Mariner - Eastern - March 2008
Old 02-27-2007, 07:55 AM

Sonny - This year we are doing a back to back for Christmas and New Years. Since the kids are minors we booked a cabin across from the suite for the them and they will only be with us for the first cruise. Do you have any idea how we will need to proceed in getting them off the boat and to the airport? If we leave the port how do we get back on without going through the ordinary procedure?
I am looking forward to having the pool deck to myself for awhile.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Lucas, I would talk to someone at desk relations about how the walk off the ship with your kids. If would probably be best if you got a ship transfer to the airport. Top shuttle will take just your kids if you make the arrangements with them. You have to call them once you are out of the terminal. You can't use cell phones in the terminal. How old are your kids?

Sonny
Old 02-28-2007, 02:42 PM

The advise you have received is correct. I did noticed that they do try to get the handicap people off the ship first. Then they call the tag color which is on your luggage.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:33 PM

After our cruise, I realized its not such a good idea to stay on the ship extra hours. We regretted the extra time because we had to wait three hours with nothing to do. Waiting for our color to be called was painful, especially since we were already bummed with end of the cruise.

I recommend you go to breakfast early and beat the crowd. Since your flight does'nt leave until 1:35, go local and take your family out to lunch; enjoy the last few hours of your vacation.
P.S Enjoy your cruise.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:33 PM

Thanks everyone for all your replies

Closed Thread

Tags
boat, caribbean, carnival, cruise, day, disembarking, ends, late, leave, line, long, longer, royal, ship, stay