Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 01:10 PM

My first cruise trip will be in three weeks. I am so excited and I am doing my homework for shore excursions.

I will take VOTS and in GC, it will be tendered. I am thinking whether I need to take ship's excursion to 7 mile beach, if the loading/unloading to it's water shuttle will take very long time. We have a one year old baby, If we have to wait in a long line, I probably choose it's excursion and then we can leave at the earliest time, am I right? anyone can share this information?

And if this excursion need to be booked before boarding?

And if we take water shuttle, can we back to ship in the midday?

thanks for the response!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:35 PM

The tenders run back and forth the whoel time the ship is there. So you can get back to the ship anytime you choose. If you are only planning to take a trip to 7 mile beach, then I wouldn't even bother with a paid excursion. Take the tender in, grab a taxi and have them take you to a place that you can have access to the beach. They have plenty of resorts and restaurants that will rent you beach chairs and have facilities you can use. But, if you want to stick with the ship's excursion, that's fine too. I don't think you will have to worry about booking it in advance as those don't tend to sell out unless its a combined excursion (like horseback riding and then beach break or sailing/beach break... etc)

The tender process is really simple and it does not take long to get on and off. No longer than say a bus would take to load up and drop off. Your longest wait will probably be waiting for a return to the ship tender as you have to wait for the next on to come in.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-16-2009, 08:17 AM

Hi Jim, thanks very much for the informaiton!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:47 AM

You may want to consider doing 7 Mile Beach on your own as Grand Caymen can be very hot and from the ship to the pier and waiting to go to the beach you are not afforded much shade..by taking a taxi, you can make sure you get to a shady beach area where you can rent an umbrella and leave when you want since you have a one year old with you. Have fun on your first cruise, you will be hooked.

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread