Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 12:01 PM

I think we would like to do a cruise to the Panama Canal next time. We are thinking maybe this fall. At that time we will have one in college so we would be down to 4 people and maybe for the first time only need one room. Hubby is set on Grand Suite only.

Anyone been on one of these? Best time of year? best ship? Do they actually stop in Panama or is it a drive by?

Any info would be helpful.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 04-27-2008, 12:14 PM

Since this is posted in the RCCL section and you mentioned a Grand Suite, I'll assume you've already narrowed it down to one line. That will provide limited options. There are three ships doing full transit through the canal, all in October. You've got Monarch of the Seas on Oct 18th, a 16 day. Also, on Oct 26th there are two ships, Radiance (13 day) and Serenade of the Seas (14 day). MOS is LA to Miami, SOS is LA to San Juan and ROS is Dan Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. Then in Nov, they start 10 and 11 day sailings from Miami on Jewel of the Seas doing partial transit only and coming back to Miami.

I don't know which would be the best for your needs/wants but the 16 day Monarch looks like the best value. It priced similar right now to the shorter round trip sailings.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-27-2008, 12:22 PM

Yes, any info helps. Hubby says he doesn't really want to do antoher cruise- he'd rathe fly somewhere but then I catch him on the RC site searching for cruises. hmm... I like the itineraries that go with the Panama cruises. Hubby has background in SA so he really would like to get into that part of the world, since we really can't afford a vacation INTO South America at this time. Yes, we would sail with RC. Not sure if we could do a cruise that long though is the problem with work schdules , kids in school etc. still looking at our options.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 04-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Administrator

The Monarch is doing this cruise for it's repo to replace the Sovereign at Port Canaveral. I'd love to take that cruise, but it is too long for us too, even though I could do it solo since I happen to be retired. But I doubt my taking a 16-day cruise on my own would set well with the family.

Closed Thread