Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Administrator

As we say around these parts - you can't get there from here. It may look close using as the crow flies distance, but road-wise it is farther than you think.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Well dave i just spoke to the receptionist at Hyatt Regency and was told its a quarter of a mile away which isnt far. I have been in that area in Fort Lauderdale so I'm very well aware of the distance.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 10-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Whatever.

The port entrance at Eisenhower may be a quarter mile away but then you have to get to the pier, which can make the trek anywhere from a mile to three or more depending on which pier you need.

I don't know why we are debating such a trivial matter.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:21 AM

Yes Dave, I don't know why either. According to mapquest it is 3.28 I guess they have very long blocks now in Ft Lauderdale. here
This is using the hotel address and the address of the pier.

So Chris, I hope you either have some good walking shoes or prepare to pay for a taxi. According to information on the Pier 66 website a taxi would be about $10.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Just a reminder that personal attacks on other Members are not tolerated.

Now, may we please get back to the topic at hand?

LisaP
Old 10-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Administrator

I don't think I "know everything". I happen to have a lot of time to do research on questions posted here, and that is what I usually do - post the results of my research. I try to be as accurate as I can. Sometimes I am wrong, but then we don't guarantee anything here. As always, it is up to the individual as to whether they wish to follow someone's advice. If I had to guess I'd say the vast majority of members appreciate the efforts the staff takes to help.

CruiseMstr: You'll be needing to check for a PM from me which contains important information.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:24 PM

Dave,

Hello again and thanks again for everything you do for all of us members of Cruise-chat.com. We all appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions and I for one have really enjoyed my last couple of cruises thanks to the information I gained by using this site. Please keep up the great work!

By the way...do the hotels in the area allow cruisers to keep their vehicles parked at the hotel during the cruise? If so, is there a charge?

Thank you Dave,

Brad Wheeler

Old 10-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Brad,

Thank you for your kind comments and support.

Not all hotels allow cruisers to park while they are on the ship. I do know that the Hilton Garden Inn/Ft Lauderdale Airport has a cruise/park package which allows up to two weeks of parking if you stay at the hotel before and/or after the cruise.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Has anybody ever stayed at the Renaissance hotel near port? Is it a nice hotel? We had two rooms reserved for our March cruise. Can anyone please tell me the cost for a taxi from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to port, for six people? Thank you!

Tanya
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 10-07-2008, 06:25 AM

I am from Ft. Lauderdale, born and raised. The Hyatt Pier 66 is across the bridge and on the other side of the port. The Renaissance is across the street and about 2 blocks west of the intracoastal waterway. We've stayed at both the Renaissance and Pier 66. They're both great places, the rooms are very nice, comfy beds, and Pier 66 Bar and Grill is a great restaurant. You can't walk to the pier from any hotel unless you're planning on hiking. The entrance to the pier is off of 17th street causeway or US1, there used to be a back entrance off of Griffin Road but I think they closed that. All the berths are quite a few miles to get to. The Embassy Suites is also another nice place. They were renovating the Grand Floridian the last time I was there, so they may have good rates. The Sheraton Yankee Clipper is right on the beach (a section of it) which is about 8 miles from the port. In July I stayed at the Sea Club on A1A. It's about 10 miles from the port and the rooms were nice and clean. It's an old hotel, but the rate was $79/plus tax. During the winter it goes to $96/plus tax. They have an open air restaurant that faces the ocean. Any hotel on 17th Street Causeway will be close to the port. Hope this helps some.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, closest, cruise, fort, forum, ft, hotel, lauderdale, miami, night, port, pre, precruise, royal