Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 06:08 AM

Hi, I have booked the Oasis of the Seas for me and my godson and I am looking for a decent but not too expensive hotel near the port in Fort Lauderdale.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Lucy
Old 10-04-2008, 07:21 AM

Well...if you factor in the breakfast, Embassy Suites is not bad and it is very close to the pier and minutes from FLL.

We are staying at a Spring Hill Suites by Marriott this next trip because it has free shuttle from the airport and their rooms were only a little over $100 per night.

Hope that helps.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-04-2008, 07:31 AM

I stayed at the Ramada Airport Cruiseport in Feb. and it was fine. The hotel is in an area with not much to see or do but the hotel was clean and the breakfast was very good. The rate was around $100 included transfers to the pier which was great. If you just need a place to stay for 1 night I would recommend it.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-04-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm booked in the Hyatt Regency Hotel Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale, And its a very nice hotel not even a block away from Port Everglades. My room was 132.00 when the holiday inn express was trying to charge me 180.00 just for the one night so i decided to just go ahead and go with the Hyatt for that price since its more luxury and also alot cheaper.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 10-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Administrator

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in 2005. It is a great hotel.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:13 AM

Thank you all, you are being so helpful, as always. I really appreciate your help.
My godson will be 15 by then and I am not the picky one when it comes to a hotel room for just one night, but I donīt want to disappoint him...
I will check out all these hotels and will let you know.
Thanks, Lucy
Old 10-04-2008, 02:59 PM

We have stayed at the Ramada Hollywood Beach...great location, not so great hotel but cheaper.

In July, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th. Good location but smalller place than most HIEs. Very clean and a great staff. Close to the port, good places to eat and a decent hot breakfast.

In August, we stayed at the Bahia Mar on the beach and marina. Also fairly close to the port, good outdoor restaraunt, close to Bubba Gump's. Stay in the tower if you stay there.

In 3 weeks, we're staying at the Courtyard by Marriot, Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Right down the road from the Bahia Mar.

Good Luck on your search!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 10-04-2008, 07:51 PM
So dave you stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel in Fort Lauderdale?

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 10-04-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I'm booked in the Hyatt Regency Hotel Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale, And its a very nice hotel not even a block away from Port Everglades. My room was 132.00 when the holiday inn express was trying to charge me 180.00 just for the one night so i decided to just go ahead and go with the Hyatt for that price since its more luxury and also alot cheaper.

Don't know where you heard that Pier 66 isn't even a block from the Port. But it's not. I stayed there this past February. Pier 66 is on the opposite side of the Intracoastal Waterway of the pier. From Pier 66 you have to go back across the bridge and down past the Convention Center to get to the Pier. If you go up to the top floor of the rotundra building at Pier 66 there is a lounge with a patio. You can take some nice pictures of the ships from a distance.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Well i heard that from the hotel staff when i called and booked the reservation. Also when i was in Fort Lauderdale last November i saw the Hyatt Regency Hotel and its no where from Port Everglades so thats how I know it isnt far away.

Caribbean Resort Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, closest, cruise, fort, forum, ft, hotel, lauderdale, miami, night, port, pre, precruise, royal