Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 11:11 AM

Hi Everyone! My family will be on Navigator of the Seas on Leap Day (Feb. 29), which is also my daughter's 16th (4th?) birthday. I emailed RCI about special activities and they said that none were planned "company-wide", but that individual Activities Directors do their own thing.

Does anyone know who/how to contact the Navigator's person for this? I'd love to just plant a seed. Leap Frog on the Lido deck anyone? Special green drink for that day? I really want this birthday to be extra-special for her.

Thanks for everyone's help and feel free to drop your Leap Day activity ideas on me.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:16 PM

Hi again. Was this a really stupid question, or does no one have any advice for me?

I'm just trying to make sure my daughter, who really wanted a big party at home instead of this cruise (had to do these dates for other reasons) has a terrific birthday.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:44 PM

Hi, I never heard of any one celebrating leap day before; unless, of course, it happens to be your birthday. It's certainly not a legal holiday when they would do something special on a cruise ship. The Cruise Director would be the person to talk to for any think special. There is no way you can contact him or anyone in his staff until you're on the ship.

I would think just being on a cruise ship would make a terrific birthday; even without green drinks and leap frog. Then again, you could always have a surprize party with her friends before the cruise...

Sonny
Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Hi gkyagermom. I love the leapfrog idea. As Sonny said, though, I don't know how you'd contact anyone before boarding.

What you CAN do, however, is order a few gifts to be delivered onboard to make her birthday cruise more festive. These can be ordered directly from the Royal Caribbean Web site -- click here. I see there's a birthday package, but of course you aren't limited to that.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:34 AM

Maybe they will serve frog legs on the lido deck. By the way, if your daughter is dating someone you may want to keep an eye on her. According to law in Scotland, France, Switzerland, and Italy, a woman can only propose marriage to a man on February 29.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 AM

No boyfriend, thank goodness.....but Feb. 29 is Sadie Hawkins day (unofficially) in the US too. Same rule for marriage proposals, but no law.

Thanks for everyone's help. I didn't pay much attention to Leap Day either--until about 16 years ago on Feb. 28th around 11pm when my husband kept asking the doctor if it would be "today or tomorrow" and I had to tell him it would have been "yesterday" if I'd had a say in it!

Closed Thread

Tags
activities, caribbean, caribean, celebrity, contact, cruise, cruises, cruisesactivity, director, directors, information, lines, navigator, royal, salary, sea, ship