Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 11:00 AM

I got back from my Adv of the Seas cruise Sunday and just now got caught up on the backlog of work so this mini review is a week late.

The crew did a good job overall but seemed a little sluggish this time, must be nearing a shift change. They seemed tired and not quite as bright of smiles or eagerness as usual to go above and beyond. Maybe I just didn't get the right staff members this time. All in all it was very enjoyable. The Southern caribbean didn't disappoint, we were the only ship at every port so it was less crowded than usual at the ports. That, by the way is a blessing and a curse. Fewer mos but that means the cabbies and peddlers had more time to hassle each of us, lol. S.t Lucis was the only port where the mooches were a real pain, reminded me a lot of Jamaica but we weren't offered any pot or cocaine at at St. Lucia.

Didn't do many excursions, just needed a little time to relax and recharge the batteries. The ship was, as always for a Voyager Class, magnificent. The ice show was the highlight of the entertainment. It really is a must see for anyone cruising this class. World class skaters and I don't know how they pull off such an amazing show each time on such a tiny rink.

Cruise director was not my cup of tea so I didn't bother with much of the other evening entertainment. There is a great Russian couple that I've seen before on another ship (can't remember which) that does a balancing and juggling act that was excellent.

Food was extrordinary on this cruise. I believe the best I've ever had on RCI. One night I had an entree that was awful (don't bother with the herb encrusted cod they recommend one night) but I re-ordered and the replacement was great.

Overall a great cruise and I wouldn't have chosen a different ship or itin if I had it to do over.

Cheers, Neil
Old 09-23-2007, 11:00 AM

I got back from my Adv of the Seas cruise Sunday and just now got caught up on the backlog of work so this mini review is a week late.

The crew did a good job overall but seemed a little sluggish this time, must be nearing a shift change. They seemed tired and not quite as bright of smiles or eagerness as usual to go above and beyond. Maybe I just didn't get the right staff members this time. All in all it was very enjoyable. The Southern caribbean didn't disappoint, we were the only ship at every port so it was less crowded than usual at the ports. That, by the way is a blessing and a curse. Fewer mos but that means the cabbies and peddlers had more time to hassle each of us, lol. S.t Lucis was the only port where the mooches were a real pain, reminded me a lot of Jamaica but we weren't offered any pot or cocaine at at St. Lucia.

Didn't do many excursions, just needed a little time to relax and recharge the batteries. The ship was, as always for a Voyager Class, magnificent. The ice show was the highlight of the entertainment. It really is a must see for anyone cruising this class. World class skaters and I don't know how they pull off such an amazing show each time on such a tiny rink.

Cruise director was not my cup of tea so I didn't bother with much of the other evening entertainment. There is a great Russian couple that I've seen before on another ship (can't remember which) that does a balancing and juggling act that was excellent.

Food was extrordinary on this cruise. I believe the best I've ever had on RCI. One night I had an entree that was awful (don't bother with the herb encrusted cod they recommend one night) but I re-ordered and the replacement was great.

Overall a great cruise and I wouldn't have chosen a different ship or itin if I had it to do over.

Cheers, Neil
Old 09-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Neil, welcome back; you have been very much missed. Glad you had a nice cruise and a well deserved rest. Saying you would do it again, given the opportunity, is a good recommendation.

Once again, glad to have you and your expertise back.

Rick
Old 09-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Ain't cruising a Blast:-)

Bob E
Old 09-23-2007, 01:57 PM

Welcome back, Neil. Thanks for the mini review. Glad you got caught up on your work too. Hopefully the stress of catching up didn't undo the recharging you did onboard.

I know what you mean about the staff being a little sluggish. We felt that on the Empress of the Seas last week. But I think in their case it was the fact that their ship is so small they have become more of a family than most. And with the impending shift of the EOS out of RC to Pullmantur some were feeling sad. We talked to different staff about it. We were told that they will take a two month break when the change is made and RC will try to find them jobs on other ships after that.

Anyway, we're glad you are back - even though you might not be.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Neil,

I've been wondering where you've been! Good to hear from you again.

We thought the food on the Liberty Of The Seas this past June was the best we've had on RCI....perhaps some upgrading has been done fleet-wide?

I know what you mean about being the only ship in port. The number of vendors and cabbies doesn't diminish so there are more of them per passenger!

Old 09-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
This is always good to hear! Welcome back...you were missed.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:54 PM

Thanks to all for the warm welcome back notes. I don't seem to have nearly as much down time anymore and miss hanging out with everyone. Hope it'll lighten up soon and I'll get to visit occasionally.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread