Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2004, 03:27 PM

Since Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity does a cruise on Celebrity count toward your Crown and Anchor membership?

Thank you
Old 03-03-2004, 03:27 PM

Since Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity does a cruise on Celebrity count toward your Crown and Anchor membership?

Thank you
Old 03-03-2004, 05:45 PM

No, crown and anchor does not count toward Celebrity. They have their own version which is th Cpatains Club. You can sign up for this at their web site.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:15 PM

THe change that has taken plasce recently is that your rating on RCCL and Celebrity are interchangeable. If you are select with Celebrity then you can be registered as Palatium with RCCL. Unfortunately, they do not combine the two as of yet. If you have between 5 and 10 curises with both lines they will not ad them together to give you the higher rating. I guess they haven't really become "one" yet. So if you have 7 cruises under your belt for both, they are saying stay with on till you reach 10.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:28 PM

I believe that it only works one way...from Royal Caribbean to Celebrity. Celebrity cruises do not count towards Royal Caribbean. However, if you are a Diamond member on RC, then you would be an elite member on Celebrity.

Tom
Old 03-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Banned

I was under the impresion that after the 1st of the year it was tit for tat so to speak. Maybe I am wrong but I was led to believe that one would count toward the other.PLease let me know if it is not this way. Thanks.
Tom
Old 03-11-2005, 08:47 PM

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that your Royal Caribbean status applies to Celebrity, but not visa versa. I think the logic is that it is likely that Royal Caribbean crusiers may become Celebrity cruisers, but not the other way around and RCI would like to lock you in.

I am cruising on Celebrity tomorrow (Mercury, 8-day Mexico from San Francisco) and I was elevated to Elite because of my Diamond status on Royal Caribbean, yet my Diamond status remains the same even thouogh I have about 7 Celebrity cruises that would push me into Diamond Plus status on Royal Caribbean if they were applied.

Tom
Old 03-12-2005, 05:47 AM

Tom,
As point of clarification - the 2 programs are interchangeable, but cruises you take on Celebrity do NOT count as an RCI cruise and vice-versa. Whatever status is the higher of the 2 levels is how you are classified. Example: If you had taken 12 cruises on Celebrity and only 2 on RCI, your status on both lines would be Elite/Diamond. But they do not combine the number sailings to equal 14.
Hope this helps sort out the confusion.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Banned

Nancy
Thanks for the info. I understand how it works now. Maybe in the future one will apply to the other.
Tom
Old 03-12-2005, 08:11 AM

I`ve got this mail (translated from me) a few days ago from RCCL germany:
As a member of the Crown & Anchor Society from Royal Caribbean International and as a member from Captains Club from Celebrity Cruises is it now possible for you, when you change from one fleet to the other fleet, that the highest status you have in one of our guest clubs will automaticly transferd to the other club from our sister fleet. Platinum- and Diamond-members from Royal Caribbean International get automaticly on Celebrity Cruises the Status Select or Elite or vice versa. So you don`t loose all the convieniences however with which ship of our fleet you travel. More information on our website.

Best wishes from germany
Oppis

(Please apologize my mistakes)

Closed Thread

Tags
anchor, caribbean, celebrity, count, crown, cruise, cruises, diamond, interchangeable, member, membership, oes, pay, points, royal, status