Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2006, 06:50 AM

I'm a non-expirienced cruiser, I have only gone on one before. (RCI's Nordic Empress, why did they stop sailing her?! She was awsome!)
Anyway, I was wondering about the Royal Caribean website when you click to see a virtual tour of a class (Vision more specifically) and it shows you a cartoon of the ship and you can click on different rooms. However, I was wondering that will Grandeur of the Seas (part of the Vision class) look the same as the virtual tour even though it's of the entire Vision family? I realize that this is a really stupid question, but I was all excited about Grandeur, beleiving that it looks exactly like the picture (as the pictures are simply beautiful, at leat to the inexpirienced me! ) and was wondering where they got the images of the virtual tour. Thank you.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:28 AM

The virtual tour is more than likely a computer rendered version of what the ships in the fleet look like. I'll bet the Grandeur is even more spectacular than the tour. I haven't been on Royal Caribbean since we sailed on the Sun Viking (ok, showing my age), but even then their ships were amazing. You are soooo lucky to be leaving tomorrow. I'm doing a dock dance for you Hope you have a marvelous cruise, let us know when you come back!!
Old 07-06-2006, 07:30 AM

Alright, I'll make sure I do, and thank you! I don't think I could be more excited!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:25 AM

CruiseFan, the Nordic Empress is still sailing, they've just re-named her "Empress of the Seas."

If you liked the Nordic Empress, you'll love Grandeur. The staterooms are bigger, the whole ship newer.

Enjoy!

Sandy
Old 07-06-2006, 08:28 AM

Wait, are you joking!? THE NORDIC EMPRESS LIVES!! I know the ship is probably weak-sauce compared to the Freedom, but it was my first, so... Man, I'm gonna book a cruise on the Nordic as soon as I and my gfriend can secure a timeslot!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:45 AM

Fan, I believe next year the Empress of the Seas will be sailing to Bermuda from Philadelphia and Norfolk, VA, if memory serves.

Sandy
Old 07-06-2006, 10:15 AM

Great, thanks for the info! Me and my gfriend are really excited! Hopefully it will still be awsome after the obvious increase of size with the Grandeur!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:53 AM

Have fun, CriuseFan.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:05 PM

Fan, I was just on the Sovereign this past weekend, and I can tell you, the older ships still have their charm. And if it's true you never forget your first love, you also never forget your first ship. The Empress of the Seas will be special for you no matter which other ships you sail!

Looks like you're a fellow Marylander. Nice that you can drive to the port to get the Grandeur!

Sandy
Old 07-06-2006, 02:01 PM

Thats a releif that the smaller ships still have their charm!
It's nice to see another Marylander on here! The trip to the Grandeur is going to be painless, we're just going in our taxi that we ordered to the pier and then board! Much simpler then going to Tampa for the Nordic. I can only hope I have half as much fun as before!

Closed Thread

Tags
inexpirienced