Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2006, 11:24 PM

We have a RCCL cruise booked on Dec 11 to the Panama Canal for 11 nights. I am a little nervous that we will be the only ones under the age of 60. We are not big party people but like to have a good laugh and a good time. I am taking my wife on this cruise for our 6th Anniversary. Should I be concerned?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:54 AM

Some friends of mine did the Panama Canal on Princess, which is typically an older crowd. However, they said the crowd was a good mix. Not sure about RCI, but I would assume the same would hold true. Normally, the longer the length of the cruise the older the crowd. Since yours is around the holidays though, there may be more families. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:01 AM

I just turned 65 last week, and I'll bet you could never keep up with me. RCCL didn't have a floating nursing home last time I checked. I'm not sure about Princess. Don't worry, there'll be lots of younger folk on board.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:21 PM

Happy belated birthday Sonny I've found as my age increases, more and more people are ready to put me out to pasture. However, I can still keep up with our student workers. I work in a university and most of our student workers wear out a lot sooner than I do. I do think they'll be a good mix on the panama canal cruise.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:22 PM

Oops, should have been there'll not they'll. Sorry, one of those old age brain lapses.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:17 AM

I apologize.

I did not intend for my message to sound like I didn't want to be around a bunch of "old fogies".

To tell you the truth, most of the time I would prefer to be around people twice my age than people 5 years younger.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just curious about the demographic. I have read many reviews that warned anyone under the age of 40 not to go on a cruise longer than 7 days.

I disagreed with these reviews but thought I would post a message for curiosity's sake. 10 years ago I sailed Princess to Alaska which was probably an older crowd and didn't even notice.

P.S. Good to get some advice from a couple of old timers.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2006, 04:00 AM

our family did the panama cruise -10 day with princess, yes the overall age is older - in fact our daugher was the only teen on board, but she had fun with the staff in the teen area (not much older than her) & enjoyed time with us. We had the best cruise ever and said that is the only cruise that we would repeat because of it. We did not want a party crowd -we wanted a vacation - depends on what you are looking for in your vacation but I think you will be happy with your choice
Old 08-18-2006, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kslim:
I apologize.

I did not intend for my message to sound like I didn't want to be around a bunch of "old fogies".

I didn't mean to offend anyone
No offence taken. I just like to have a little fun once in awhile.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I just turned 65 last week,
Sonny, what day? My b'day was the IXth - sorry, I mean the 9th. My birth certificate is all roman numerals I stopped trying to do the math on my age long ago without a calculator or an abacus.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Sonny, what day? My b'day was the IXth - sorry, I mean the 9th.
The 10th. Happy belated birthday to you Chuck!

Closed Thread