Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2007, 10:46 AM

I have sailed on Royal Caribbean numerous times and was thinking about another cruise this year.
I am having trouble justifying returning to them as it seems their prices are higher and the discounts for Crown and Anchor members are lower. For cruises over 10 days they used to give at least a $200 discount (inside) now it is only $115.
Also, the itineraries do not seem as good. My favorite cruises were 1. Hawaii relocation cruise out of Vancouver and 2. Panama Canal out of San Diego. Both of these cruise were exciting and a good bargain. I cannot find anything in their upcoming 2007 cruises that can compare.
I am looking at other relocation cruises to Hawaii being offered by NCL, Carnival and Princess - all in September.
Any comments????
Old 01-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Itineraries change. I was just looking at the RCI website and they have several Panama Canal cruises in September. You can leave from San Diego, or debark there too. They also have a couple of Hawaii cruises - in September.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:51 PM

Speaking of cruising with RCCL, have you seen their NEW website? What do you think of it? Every time I clicked on it, nothing would happen. Any idea why?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by brneyes:
Speaking of cruising with RCCL, have you seen their NEW website? What do you think of it? Every time I clicked on it, nothing would happen. Any idea why?
Because they hired an incompetent web design firm!

Old 01-09-2007, 02:26 PM

Yes,I agree. I wonder RCCL has any idea what people think about their new website?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:30 PM

jjgray, if you decide to go on NCL, I hope you like it. We did it a few years ago, and will never go back. It was the brand new Star ship, but what a mess. If you like "lots" of relaxing, and nothing to do (they are called "freestyle), you will love that ship. While waiting to leave the ship for our last day, (even at the Pursers desk), and also on our plane home, we never heard so much complaining about that ship and what it had. We found very few people that were happy with it.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by brneyes:
Probably because of the flash video.
Just try to skip the front page, or go HERE.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Oh my, thank you. What a difference it makes, when I click on the area you suggested I click on.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:05 PM

Could not pass this one by. Yes, the web site does seem to have some problems. It appears that RCCL has bought into a special application package designed for cruise lines (I've seen a very similar package on 2-3 others.) Probably a template based system that actually, programatically, builds a lot of the pages for them.

These these types of applications can be problematic if not thoroughly debugged and watched very carefully over a period of time. I suspect the RCCL folks are still learning the nuances of the software that drives their site.

What annoys me to no end is the sound thing. Turn it off, go to another page that has sound and its back on. Come on, it's a no-brainer; if somebody turns the sound off, they don't want sound anywhere on the web site. The fix is easily done in 5-6 lines of code. (been there/done that.)
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2008

Celebrity Constellation - July 2009
MSC Orchestra - Jan 2009
Navigator of the Seas - March 2009
MSC Poesia - November 2009
Jewel of the Seas - June 2010
Old 01-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Maybe if they saw these post of all the unhappy people the will consider a change.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, cruise, happened, iterery, line, rccl, royal