Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 01:56 PM

Oops ! I just booked my air & got to thinking... Did I allow enough time for disembarking? We will be catching a 12:24 flight at Orlando on Sunday Aug 10th. Does anyone have recent experience with disembarking from Mariner at Port Caranvel? Tips, suggestions. There are 7 of us. thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:10 PM

1PM would have given you a little more cushion. It will depend on several things. 1)There are no problems with the ship getting cleared by customs. 2)You are one of the first group off the ship. Taking all your own luggage off yourself will allow you to be in the first group. Even taking your own luggage the line getting off the ship could take a while. Last October it took me almost 1 hour from the time I punched my card in the kiosk until I got off the ship, through the terminal,and out to the sidewalk. 3)What is your form of transportation back to Orlando? If you are picking up a one way car rental you will have to allow for being picked up at the cruise terminal, picking up the car, and then dropping it back off. If you are taking the cruise line bus you'll be waiting for the bus to fill up. One of the Super Shuttles or limousine would probably be quicker. Don't forget you have to allow time to go through the lines of airport security also. There are a lot of factors you have to look at. So how comfortable with all those do you feel about your 12:24 flight?
Old 04-27-2008, 05:30 PM

I agree with Cruise Fanatic. The earliest I would even consider is 1pm. And actually would feel more comfortable in the 1:30 to 2pm range. The last time I sailed out of PC the previous cruise did not get cleared until 11am. Better safe than sorry.

Dwayne
Old 04-28-2008, 07:11 AM

I don't think you will have a problem. My last flight out of Orlando was at 11:30 and I was in the airport by 9:30. I used a shuttle service and made it from the Port to the airport in less that a hour. Just ask for the earliest tags for disembarking. The worst scenario would be missing your flight and catching another one. Also, I would check with Royal Caribbean about transfers.

Sonny
Old 04-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Sometimes you have no good choices. When we come back from our Alaska cruise, our flight is at 11:40am from Seattle. It was either that or something much later that would have had us flying overnight with a layover. So I roll the dice and hope for the best. I will have dedicated transportation standing by us.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:51 PM
The past two times we sailed on Mariner, the ship had docked before we even woke up. We went to the windjammer and had breakfast, and were off the ship before 9am, and at the airport by 10:30 with no problems-we did however, use RCCL's transportation (big cruise bus)-you may be tight, but you should be ok-
I agree with SonnyV-ask for the earliest tags off the ship (those go on your bags-you get off by colored tag which is tied to a time to get off), and you should be fine

Need some cruise help?

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, canaveral, caranavel, caribbean, catching, closest, cruise, disembark, disembarking, flight, long, orlando, port, royal, ship, ships