Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2006, 07:11 PM

Hi anyone just recently come off the marnier that can give some imput on their recent trip? We are going on June 11th and would love to hear your thoughts
Old 04-18-2006, 08:00 PM

Hi there- Yes we just got back from 7 day western caribbean. The ship is beautiful and fun. However we contracted the norovirus and spent four of our seven days in isolation. . OUr friends who had their own room had a good time and said the food was pretty good. Room service food is terrible, though they are very nice and attentive.I can't say much about the excursions because I obviously could not go. We did make it to Labadee, their private beach. That was very nice, well organized and beautiful. That was it however. Good Luck. Use all the hand santizers available because the norovirus is still a big problem apparently. We are waiting to see what kind of compensation they will make us, though I am not sure I will sail again.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:12 PM

tutu,
Was James the cruise director? We were on the Mariner western cruise in Sept and are going back for the Eastern cruise with the kids in Aug. We really enjoyed him and was hoping to see him again.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:26 PM

Tutu,
I am so sorry about your experience! I can't imagine how depressing it would be to spend that much money and be stuck in your cabin sick the whole time. I would be anxious to hear about what compensation you are offered.
What exactly is norovirus? Is it like a bad stomach flu?
Old 04-19-2006, 02:51 PM

Norovirus is a stomach flu, yes.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:27 PM

Secret Squirrel ~

Just noticed that you're on the same cruise that we're taking Are you as excited as we are?
Old 05-11-2006, 06:08 PM

We were on Mariner in March ... it seems like a million years ago. But we just booked another trip for September!

James was the cruise director, but I recall hearing that he is going to Freedom. He has probably left Mariner by now.

This is a wonderful ship. We felt so spoiled, and that is why we are trying Eastern caribbean in September, after doing Western in March.

Do use the hand sanitizers as you go in to the Windjammer, but another way to stave off different stomach viruses is to eat yogurt every day. The natural bacterias will prevent some outbreaks.

Have a wonderful time!

Caribbean Hotel Reviews
Old 05-11-2006, 08:43 PM

My hubby and I are on the Mariner as well on June 11th we are counting the days !!!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:26 AM

My family will be doing the Eastern Caribbean in November on the Mariner. Please let me know the highlights of your trip and what we should plan to see at the ports.

Thanks!

Closed Thread