I just received a press release from RCI which might interest our members who live in south Florida and want to see the Oasis arrive at Port Everglades.
*** MEDIA ALERT/PHOTO OPPORTUNITY ***
ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL’ S OASIS OF THE SEAS SAILS INTO PORT EVERGLADES CRUISE TERMINAL
Royal Caribbean International’s newest cruise ship, the highly-anticipated Oasis of the Seas, will make her U.S. debut into her homeport of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Hundreds of eager onlookers – ranging from Royal Caribbean top executives to local government officials and residents – are expected to be on site to celebrate the arrival of the world’s largest and most revolutionary cruise ship as she is welcomed by a flotilla of fireboats, private watercraft and other maritime escorts.
Friday, November 13, 2009; Oasis schedule is as follows:
* 6:30 am – Oasis is visible from the shore line
* 8:00 am – Oasis arrives at mouth of inlet
* 8:30 am – Oasis is positioned inside basin
* 9:00 am – Berthing at Terminal 18
* John U. Lloyd Park, Dania Beach (Public Welcome Event) (Jetty Pavilion open at 7 a.m.; Roadside parking for broadcast vehicles)