Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 06:17 PM

I would never miss a dinner in the main dining room unless we were going to a specialty restaurant. The service is outstanding and you get to meet and know the people at your table over the course of the week. Also, once the waiter knows you like a certain kind of tea, coffee, etc...you'll never have to remind him/her again. They'll bring it whether you ask for it or not. If you seem to be undecided between two entrees, expect to receive both even if you don't ask. It is such a treat and shouldn't be missed.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:00 PM

Here's one more vote for recommending going to formal night. The food is a step above other nights, and atmosphere is great. Whether you purchase the ship's pictures of you dressed up, or take some yourself, it provides an added memory of the cruise. Some of my best pictures of my family are from formal night, taken in various locations around the ship.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:13 PM

We don't have many chances to dress up in our part of the world due to our location, culture and our occupations (agriculture). So, this is a time when we can enjoy dressing up and having a great time. Believe me, I used to HATE wearing a coat and especially a tie but in my older age I've have learned to really enjoy it.
I have purchased two tuxes (the 2nd because I lost 70 pounds) from a chain store with all the extras (cuff links, cumberbuns, shirt, bow ties) for less than $125 each just for our cruises (and at least three weddings someday). These are great looking outfits and look just as good as any of the high dollar suits out there. Just one rental can cost you that much.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 06-09-2006, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Just one rental can cost you that much.
Good for you TexCruise! I'm originally from Texas myself (Brownsville) and I've owned a tux since I was a young teen (they were a necessity for the quinceañeras I was invited to growing up on the border) and now I always pack one on trips (and not just cruises) because there is always the possibility one needs to dress for dinner or a night out.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:58 PM

It's a loooonnngggg ways from my part of Texas to Brownsville We're going to make the 750 mile drive to Galveston in December to get on Rhapsody (and I'm taking my tux too) !

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011

Closed Thread

Tags
acceptable, caribbean, cruise, formal, included, meal, night, nights, open, royal, seating, serve, tie, vest, work