Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007, 07:06 PM

Their contracts are like the things you have to agree to anytime you add new software to your computer. You don't agree, you don't load software and you don't sail. All corporations are lawyered up today and they want you to know they are not responsible for... even if they're responsible for it. So those letters you write and calls you make to complain about being over the props that made your cabin hum and vibrate or under the disco can be referred back to the contract. Get a good agent, ask questions on here if you don't know and be prepared to have complaints fall on deaf ears with most cruiselines after you've sailed. You'll simply be told to read the contract, see right there in black and white? You agreed to accept that risk so what are you complaining about? After the form letter tells you they're right and you're wrong they'll politely thank you for your business. There should be a P.S. after that to say "Get lost!" But they leave that part off. Sound harsh and unfair, in a few cases it is. Occasionally some of the cruiselines do the right thing by their clients. I could name the best and worst offenders but all have loyal followers and onboard nearly all provide a great service and value. So I'll leave it at that and hope you have the kind of luck and ability to shrug off most minor issues I've had. I've never had a truly bad experience, good thing because I know what to expect if I ever do. I've had to handle issues as a go between in my position too many times. Most problems are not worth the trouble to get them addressed and when they are the answer is all to often more frustrating than the problem. Buy good insurance, continue to cruise and have great time. If you miss a port, have poor service, the food is terrible, your room's too cold, etc. , try another line next time. Don't waste your time trying to get compensation.

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Sounds like someone needs a hug.

Sorry Neil, I just couldn't resist teasing you a little. You are always so upbeat and free and easy going, I've got to think you must be having an off day. It's O.K., we all have 'em.

I just don't like to see my friends down.

I hope tomorrow is sunshine and blue skies for you.

Rick
Old 08-31-2007, 04:30 PM

Hi Rick,

All blue skies here, thanks for the concern. Guess after having the issues with Hurr Dean to resolve and now all the itin changes among other things, I've just had enough of the calls about wanting something. I'd like very much to get back to booking cruises for a living. Had 19 voice mails and 76 emails yesterday morning. At 7:35pm last night I got the last email answered and the last call returned. Still sounds like I'm having a bad day huh?

Good news is, I'll be on a ship a week from Sunday. Long overdue and anticipated. I normally do at least 2 per year but this year it'll be my only sailing. Tried some other vacation options this year. Won't make that mistake again, I obviously need to get on a ship to relax more often, lol.

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-31-2007, 05:54 PM

Come on guys... Breath slowly into a brown paper sack... in-out..that's it. in-out.. Life is good.. life is good.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:37 PM
You're right doc; sometimes we just need someone to remind us.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:08 AM

Possible to check in Online before you've got the cruise tickets/papers by mail?
You get the tickets 3-4 weeks prior your sailing date?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:04 PM

I think you can check in online as soon as you've paid for your cruise. That's what I did and then printed out setsail passes.

I was told that I may not receive my tickets until 10 days before departure. Hoping they arrive a bit before, so that I don't start to panic.

Closed Thread

Tags
brilliance, checkin, online, seas