Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RichC:
It's was about time the cruise lines cancelled the "midnight buffets". They were a total waste of money just there for the people to gawk at with most of the food being thrown out. Having a buffet which offers food most of the evening is the bet & logical solution.
ejem, excuse me,ejem, ejem

WHAAATTTT!!!!!!!!

that is one of the main reasons for cruising
the Food
For all I know on a 7 days cruise you can have 2 midnight buffets
well not on RCCL
but remember that depends on how much $$$ they are getting vs what they are willing to give
Old 03-10-2008, 01:53 PM

So by the elimination of the "midnight buffet" you're saying that you couldn't fine anything to eat at that time? It sounds as if you starved on you last cruise having missed a feeding at midnight.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:42 PM

Thanks everyone for your input. I was on one cruise about 5 years ago and they had the buffet. I agree that it is wasteful and only looks good to the eye. I'm taking my family on a cruise in April and my girls were interested in what to look forward to. Thanks again.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:57 PM

Yes we went on Freedom last year and they had 1 midnight buffet on the pool deck. Since it was our first cruise we wanted to check it out. We took pictures of the food displays & ice sculptures, they were very nice. But as far as the food, it totally was not worth the effort. They had tons of "finger foods", nothing that was really very good to eat. And the mobs of people waiting in lines like they were starving to death waiting to get that junk was unreal. We said on our next cruise, we will skip this event.

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 03-11-2008, 05:09 AM

On some of the Princess ships lately there having theme lunches at the buffet. Usually with an extravagant dessert area similar to the midnight buffets of old but not as grand. It's more welcomed by people who are actually hungrier at they time. The dessert area is there only for picture taking until the lunch line opens up & is usually consumed.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RichC:
So by the elimination of the "midnight buffet" you're saying that you couldn't fine anything to eat at that time? It sounds as if you starved on you last cruise having missed a feeding at midnight.
I was kidding

Actually, to be true, on the AOS that was my big problem,I starved

I have 34 years so I like to dance the "night away" with my wife on every oportunity I have until late hours on the night.
after going on the AOS Jester club or any other party I like to eat before going to sleep.

Problem is:

I like the ship (AOS), is the biggest cruise I have ever been and is way beautiful than carnival Destiny, but after 9:00 pm there is nothing to eat on the ship unless you like 7 eleven sandwiches and pizza from the cafe promenade.
I still like RCCL, don't get me wrong but

what are my food options?

Ok you can go to J rockets but you have to pay extra for it.

Here is what I think:

Cruise lines have been cutting on anything they can in order to make better profits:

* The fuel surcharge is a new for all cruiselines.

* They change routes in order to pay less money on either gasoline or ports charges,
leaving us on good ports but not the ones we like. In much cases they even change without giving you the option to cancel it without a penalty.

* Now giving up buffets, but they still can charge you if you want to eat on J Rockets for doing the same.
The buffets are a great options because is way better food and also a they have agreat variety and is good to know that if you want to eat you can hit the buffet.
Remember you dont have to do it if you don't want to, but there are a few, like me, who enjoy it.

Here is the deal cruise vacations are the best buy for the money becuase the options you have without the extra charges,
but if they are going to start changing food, buffets, routes without the option to cancel if you don't like your new route.

What is good about cruising??

One day they will decide to "park" on embarkation port for the week becuase is to expensive to actually cruise on the ship and blame us for it.
Cruising is almost becoming the same to staying on a hotel, and on some cases even expensive than a good all inclusive hotel.
with all this new charges and changes I can only hope this is not going to be our new way of cruising...
I can only hope I am wrong because I will never try to change that beautiful sea for a golf Club area.

Closed Thread

Tags
buffet, buffets, caribbean, cruise, cruises, day, doe, expect, freedim, freedom, frredom, happened, midnight, mn, royal, seas, ship