Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2005, 01:07 PM

I will be sailing on Mariner on 9/25/05. I know thay RCCL used to allow you to take bottles of liquor purchased at the duty free shop back to your cabin, for an additional charge. I have heard that they have put an end to this palicy and will only deliver said liquor on the last day of the cruise. Does anyone kow if this is accurate?

Thanks
Chris
Old 09-13-2005, 01:57 PM

Chris,
Welcome to cruise-chat. It seems to vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. There does not seem to be one hard and fast rule.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-13-2005, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris T:
I will be sailing on Mariner on 9/25/05. I know thay RCCL used to allow you to take bottles of liquor purchased at the duty free shop back to your cabin, for an additional charge. I have heard that they have put an end to this palicy and will only deliver said liquor on the last day of the cruise. Does anyone kow if this is accurate?

Thanks
Chris
I'll be sailing the Mariner 3 weeks later. Could you please post your first hand knowledge on this subject. Thanks
Old 09-13-2005, 03:47 PM

I meant 10/16/05
Old 09-14-2005, 12:47 PM

I was just on the Enchantment last month. I don't drink enough to consider buying the alcohol for my room - so I don't have first hand experience. However, I do remember the whole issue being addressed in my cruise documents - so if you have them - check it out.

From what I remember there is an uncorking fee for wine (around $15 if I remember right) - but I am not sure about hard alcohol. There were many people carrying off boxes (2 bottle per box) on departure day - so I am pretty sure that any items purchased are held until the last day.

Enchantment - August 2005
Old 09-14-2005, 08:22 PM

Suggest you call RCCL and ask them their policy. I sailed on Mariner in May 2004 and they had the policy in effect that for a $9.50 upcharge you could carry a bottle to the cabin. At duty free prices that is a bargain. I called RCCL and they confirmed that the policy was in effect. If not, you can put liquor in a plastic bottle, tape it well and stick it in a plastic zip-lock bag, and put it in your checked luggage. RCCL doesn't seem to have a problem with this. However if their policy of an upcharge is still in effect, then that is the best way to go. Eitherway, have a great cruise. By the way, a Bloody Mary in the cabin in the morning is a great way to start the day.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:52 PM

Chris,
I also read about the duty free alcohol and had same question...(sailing on Mariner 10/09/05) called today RC said they no longer offer that...you'll need to purchase liquor per drink on board...

Closed Thread

Tags
board, bottles, buy, buying, caribbean, duty, enchantment, free, liquor, onboard, purchase, rccl, royal