Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2004, 06:48 AM

We are traveling with a group of 35 on the Mariner. I would like to know if anyone knows the sequence of how the theme nights run. We are trying to get together and book Chops Grille, but want to pick a night that wouldn't be a formal night in the dining room. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are leaving 12/05/04. Thank you.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:48 AM

We are traveling with a group of 35 on the Mariner. I would like to know if anyone knows the sequence of how the theme nights run. We are trying to get together and book Chops Grille, but want to pick a night that wouldn't be a formal night in the dining room. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are leaving 12/05/04. Thank you.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:01 AM

On that sailing there will be 2 formal nights. The first one will definitely be on Monday (Day 2) your day at sea. The second one will either be Thursday (Grand Cayman) or Friday (Cozumel). Since the Grand Cayman itinerary is stil subject to change - not sure about the second formal night. The first night you are onboard and the the last night of the cruise are always both casual.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-04-2004, 09:43 AM

I believe the formal nights will be on Monday and Thursday (at least they were in March) I wrote a review of the Mariner that includes tons of pictures that you can see here;

http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCa...ftheSeas13.htm

She is an awesome ship. You guys will have a wonderful time.

Tom
Old 11-04-2004, 11:45 AM

Thanks Tom and Nancy,

You two are so awesome!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 11:07 AM

Hi there Heat0614,
Great question. I will also be on that same cruise! Can you believe that we only have 23 more days! We are very excited!
Cheers,
Tracey
Old 11-13-2004, 08:28 AM

Hi Tracey,

Recognized your name from cruise critics. Looks like you are signed up for Meet N Mingle. I will see you there. Time is going fast. We are leaving from Chicago area 3 weeks from today. We are also very excited!!!!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:38 AM

Time is going by quickly! I am starting to feel a little pressure in regards to getting everything done (work, home, T-Giving at my house this year) prior to boarding. I haven't even begun my packing list. I don't have anything to wear (or at least anything I want to wear) for the formal nights, etc.
It was only a little more than a week ago that the cruise seemed like it was still "far away".
Anyways, I recognized your name too after I had posted this message. Your traveling with your (very large) family right?
Looking forward to meeting you all SOON!
Tracey
Old 11-15-2004, 11:34 AM

Just got off the Mariner of the Seas yesterday. I miss the cruise! The formal nights as mentioned by Nancy and Tom are Monday (Day at sea) and Thursday (Grand Cayman). We did Chops Grille on the first night of cruise (Sunday). This is the best night to go since there was no one there. We went on the evening of embarkation and had the ultimate experience. Ruby and Augusto were the waiters and they were great. The New York Strip is not to be missed and the Veal Chop was very good. We went crazy on the side dishes. BUT SAVE ROOM for dessert. SOme people left Chops without dessert and that was a mistake as the the desserts were fabulous. I recommend once you get to your cabin on Sunday afternoon when you board the ship to make the reservation, especially if it is a big crowd since it must be set up for your party. Enjoy!
Old 11-15-2004, 02:29 PM

Yes Tracey, it is a large group of about 40. They are finally getting excited as much as I am. It is going very fast, I don't believe it is a little over 2 weeks. Good luck in finding your perfect outfits for formal nights. See you soon, Tracey!!

Thank you cruisenutty for your info re: formal nights and the suggestions on Chops Grille. We will be sure to book immediately on Sunday. The New York Strip sounds so good....I will definatley make sure to save room for those desserts. Do you think there will be a problem in booking us all together? Is it a fairly large room?? Thanks again!

Closed Thread

Tags
12, cruise, formal, mariner, mariners, mediterranean, names, night, nights, parties, review, sea, seas, sunday, theme