Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Pre-reserve specialty restaurants (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/23720-pre-reserve-specialty-restaurants.html)

Sandy 04-29-2008 03:41 PM

Starting with Freedom of the Seas and rolling out fleet wide, Royal Caribbean will allow passengers to make advance reservations online for their specialty restaurants.

You can make reservations now for cruises on Freedom of the Seas that leave on or after May 25.

You can see more information about this program here. There is a link on that page to see the roll-out of this program on all of Royal Caribbean's ships.

Sandy

Jim C. 04-29-2008 03:46 PM

I was going to say that I didn't think they should do that. But then I realized that if you could make you reservations ahead of time, then you wouldn't have to worry about it or waste time on your first day making sure you got up there to get your time in. Also, I guess it makes if more fair as now the best times are not going to get sucked up by those that were able to board early.

Sounds like a good idea. At least to try.

Dave 04-29-2008 05:42 PM

Well this should be interesting, although it will help alleviate the huge lines on embarkation day as people jockey for position in the reservation lines at Chops and Portofino.

Dwayne 04-29-2008 07:45 PM

Sounds like a great idea, especially for the large ships. Does RCI offer guaranteed dining times as a loyalty perk? I wondered if it would be tricky if they did.

Dwayne

Sonny V 04-29-2008 09:31 PM

Any loyalty perks wouldn't include a speciality restaurant.

Sonny

Dwayne 04-29-2008 10:10 PM

I was going to suggest CCL should do this as well. It probably wouldn't work for them since they include supper club reservations for platinum members. This should be great for people celebrating a special occasion etc., to be able to reserve ahead of time.

Dwayne

cheche 04-30-2008 07:46 PM

I attempted to make a reservation on their web site, but will have to call instead as their web pages do not even show I have a reserved cruise. I had to call rci to get champagne ordered for our sail a way. The very helpful attendant said their site was not the easiest to navigate. so good luck everyone!

Dwayne 04-30-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

I had to call rci to get champagne ordered for our sail a way. The very helpful attendant said their site was not the easiest to navigate. so good luck everyone!
I agree that it's not very easy to navigate. I recently tried to look up something and got lost. They need to make it more user friendly for first time visitors to get information.

Dwayne

cruisingUK 05-07-2008 01:27 PM

Hi this sounds a great idea. We have booked a 12 night cruise on Explorer, out of New York next March. Does anyone know when the formal nights will be ? Would prefer to try the speciality restaurant on one of the other nights. Thanks

MiketheKid 05-07-2008 02:24 PM

Do you have to pay at the same time you reserve a time? I could see this being abused if you don't need to pay right away.

"Hmmm....do I want to go to Chops on Monday or Tuesday? Oh well, I'll just register for both and figure it out later"