Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2005, 07:00 AM

I am booked to go on the April 10th transatlantic cruise from Fort Lauderdale. I have a few questions if anyone can answer.

1) What are the weather conditions likely to be-ie will it be rough water?

2) I was on Brilliance on the Med Cruise out of Barcelona Last October- it was great. How will the Legend compare?

3) I am travelling single in a cabin which shows extra sleeping available - does that detract from the comfort of the cabin. Wont be using the additional bed(s) of course.

4) Ant other tips info appreciated including what the earliest boarding time will liekly be.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:00 AM

I am booked to go on the April 10th transatlantic cruise from Fort Lauderdale. I have a few questions if anyone can answer.

1) What are the weather conditions likely to be-ie will it be rough water?

2) I was on Brilliance on the Med Cruise out of Barcelona Last October- it was great. How will the Legend compare?

3) I am travelling single in a cabin which shows extra sleeping available - does that detract from the comfort of the cabin. Wont be using the additional bed(s) of course.

4) Ant other tips info appreciated including what the earliest boarding time will liekly be.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:29 AM

<<1) What are the weather conditions likely to be-ie will it be rough water?>>

It all depends on the current weather in the Atlantic. April is one of the quieter months, but one never knows. The Legend of the Seas is quite seaworthy, so I wouldn't worry too much about the ocean condirions.

<<2) I was on Brilliance on the Med Cruise out of Barcelona Last October- it was great. How will the Legend compare?>>

The Legend is an older ship, albeit still in great shape. The difference between the Brilliance and the Legend is considerable, but both are excallent ships.

<<3) I am travelling single in a cabin which shows extra sleeping available - does that detract from the comfort of the cabin. Wont be using the additional bed(s) of course.>>

I always get them to put two singles together for more sleeping room. If they can't then I use the extra bed for more storage of my stuff.

<<4) Ant other tips info appreciated including what the earliest boarding time will liekly be.>

Depending on when the ship arrives and departs the port, I would try to board 3 to 4 hours after arrival. If the ship arrives at 8 am, try boarding around noon, or slighjtly before. Royal Caribbean is very good about boarding people the second that they can and I have always had luck getting the the terminal early.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 02-22-2005, 01:00 PM

Thanks Tom, you have been very helpful.

With regard to the extra beds - I was meaning that this cabin is designated for 3/4 people although they have made it available to me (single). I assume their are upper and lower berths. I was wondering if the upper berths get in the way and limit you space wise. I have asked for the lower beds to be put together, might as well have a nice big bed eh!

Not sure how I will like 4/5 continuous days at sea but I am sure I will find things to do - even if the weather isnt too good.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:33 PM

No, the other two beds will either be stored in recessed areas in the ceiling or folded up agains the wall above the lower two beds. They won't be in your way at all.

I am sure there will be tons to do but be sure to read Nancy Norris' article on cruising as a single and how to meet others on the ship located at: http://www.cruisereviews.com/SingleatSea.htm

Have a great cruise.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, boarding, conditions, cruise, ft, lauderdale, legend, october, passenger, review, reviews, rough, seas, time, transatlantic, water, weather