Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 11:31 AM

Everyone is upset about the elimination of lobster, escarcot and chocolates but what about ports???? I received notice the other day they were refunding me the cost of one of my excursions because the port was cancelled. We are no longer going to Tortola. If I didn't have an excursion booked would they have notified me before hand? Now we have 3 sea days which I believe is excessive. It is also too late to cancel this and book another at a decent price like we got this on for. Tortola was one of the islands we hadn't been to and is why we booked this crise. Just needed to vent! Sorry!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-17-2008, 11:31 AM

Everyone is upset about the elimination of lobster, escarcot and chocolates but what about ports???? I received notice the other day they were refunding me the cost of one of my excursions because the port was cancelled. We are no longer going to Tortola. If I didn't have an excursion booked would they have notified me before hand? Now we have 3 sea days which I believe is excessive. It is also too late to cancel this and book another at a decent price like we got this on for. Tortola was one of the islands we hadn't been to and is why we booked this crise. Just needed to vent! Sorry!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:51 AM

We are going on this cruise also. It is my understanding that the dock being built to accomodate the larger ship is not finished being built yet. I wanted to see Tortolla, but I enjoy sea days. We were called in September about the change.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Sorry to hear that, Tortola is really a nice island. I wonder why they're no longer going there. No, you probably would not have been notified until you were on board. They don't do this very often, but when they do, there is usually little to no notification. I, personally, love sea days. However, I can relate to how you feel, especially since you haven't been there before. Maybe they'll give you a credit towards a future cruise.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:58 PM

They also cut back on times on 2 of the other islands. One we are arriving 2 hours later and Barbados we are leaving 1 hour earlier. I like sea days also but I think 3 days in a row might be a little too much free time! Hopefully, not though. This is our first 12 nighter so we are looking foreward to it. We will still have a great time because we will be on a cruise!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Tortola is nice, but nothing special....I prefer sea days......and the cruise contract does say they have the right to change the ports for whatever reason...just sorry they couldn't have done it sooner for you....Have a Great cruise anyway.....Happy Sailing..

Bob E
Old 10-19-2008, 02:34 AM
HI

I am on the same cruise on 15 March but havent been notified at all about the cancellation - this now means that we have 5 sea days for the cruise? Thanks for the heads up and see you on the cruise
Old 10-19-2008, 02:59 AM

I understand your frustration. I reseached this summer to the ports and area that we wanted to go and decided on the Mayan Ruins in Merida(Progreso) Mexico. We recently received notification that port was taken off and replaced with Key West.This is only a 5 day cruise with 2 ports.There is no changing anything since we have airline tickts bought.Other wise I would be changing my plans.Do this happen alot ? On more cruise lines than others ?
Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 AM

I had been following eliminations of ports on various iteneraries for a while now on another chat site. Then finally they hit our cruise and I got the notice that my excursions for Tortola were cancelled. We aren't at ports long enough as it is and now they have shortened 2 more. I understand they can change the itineraries any time they want but now it is too late to cancel and get a price comparable to this one.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:16 AM

007Linda, all cruise lines change ports when they need to. We did a 7-day on the Princess Dawn, we were suppose to go to 4 ports of call. We ended up going to 2 ports of call and had 5 sea days. Princess Cays was cancelled from hurricane damage, Grand Cayman was cancelled after we got there-there were 15-20' waves near shore, so we couldn't tender in. They didn't give us any on board credits or future cruise credits. It still was a fantastic cruise, and I didn't get bored with all the sea days-they were fantastic. Key West is a great port, you can take the Conch Train tour, walk down Duvall Street, check out Mallory Square, have fantastic key lime pie at the Blonde Giraffe, walk through museums, and check out the unique individuals of Key West. I'll bet you'll have a great time.

Closed Thread