Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 02:59 PM

Hi everyone!

As you may be able to see by my ticker, I booked my next cruise for the Freedom of the Seas. This will be my first time on one of RCI's larger ships, and just have a couple questions.

I see that there is an ice skating rink on board. I know they have a show there, but when it isn't used for the show, is it available for open skating? And do we need to sign up for either the show or open skating?

Also, this is my first time on a ship that has a Royal Promenade. It is my understanding that the Cafe Promenade is free. Is this true or is it just for certain items, like a cup of coffee?
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 04-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Administrator

My understanding is they no longer have tickets for the ice show and you just show up. They will close the doors once max seating has been achieved. They used to hand out tickets (no cost) for crowd control purposes. For skating by the guests they have set times and you have to sign a waiver. You also have to wear long pants. They also have free skating lessons.

Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours and it has both free and extra-fee items. Seattle's Best coffee is self-serve. If you want a specialty coffee then you order and pay for it at the bar. Many of the snacks are free but they do have some food items which will cost you. Thus, you can find things included in your cruise fare at all hours. I am fond of espresso so I usually end up paying for a double.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 PM

Thanks Dave. You've been a great help! I appreciate it!

Of course, now the trick is going to be to try to get everything into one large suitcase, and my carry on. I don't want to pay for 2 checked bags, but when the time comes I'll see how it starts to pan out, and whether I need to take 2 suitcases.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:46 PM

She's a great ship. We loved our sailing on her.....ENJOY!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 04-12-2010, 09:25 AM

Congratulations, MCPayne! Hope you have a marvelous cruise! Be sure to let us know how you enjoyed the Freedom as compared to the other ships you've sailed on. I've read some very positive reviews on her. I know she's beautiful. It won't be long now.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:31 PM

Thanks TexCruise and Penny! I'm sure I won't be disappointed, as I haven't been on my previous 2 cruises. As is the case with most vacations, it can't come soon enough!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:17 AM

Hi we just got back from Freedom and loved it. We did have to get tickets for the ice show. I think it was the second day on board and when you got your tickets you had to tell them what show you wanted. The cuise was during spring break and was full so I don't know if that made a difference.

My husbad and two children skated and loved it.

Cathy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-21-2010, 02:36 PM

We are on the Freedom Thanksgiving week..Yahoo!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I was on the Voyager (sister ship) and loved it so much, I went on the Oasis in January....I would recommend your next cruise (and there will be a next one) go on the Oasis or wait for the Allure...they are something special....happy skating...and the ice show is outstanding....

Bob E
Old 04-22-2010, 01:34 PM

Just got off the Liberty of the Seas. We had to get tickets for the ice show. The ice show was great. They gave them out at the Royal Promenade. Hope you like your coffee strong. Seattle's Best is somewhat strong. We used to thin ours with hot milk. They only had cold milk at the coffee shop this time.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
coffee, cruise, free, freedom, freedrom, kids, kind, majesty, questions, reviews, sea, seas, shop, show, shows, ticker