Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 09:02 AM

Our Balcony Cabin is on the 7 level near the Promenade. Will we feel any motion? And will we enjoy the Balcony suit? This is our first cruise. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Caribbean Cruise Tips
Old 10-21-2006, 09:16 AM

oxbumblebeaxo,

this is like asking how the weather is going to be three months from today - it's impossible to say. The ship's motion very much depends from the sea and weather conditions that nobody can predict.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-25-2006, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxbumblebeaxo:
Our Balcony Cabin is on the 7 level near the Promenade. Will we feel any motion? And will we enjoy the Balcony suit? This is our first cruise. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Generally speaking, the movement in this big ships is not pronounced unles the seas are very rough. At the time of year that you're talking about, the amount of movement and turbulence in the water should be minimized. We've been to the Carribbean in the early Spring, and it's always been a very peaceful ride. Unless you are rabidly motion sick, you'll adjust to it quickly within the first hour or so.

If you are motion sick, get a "Relief Band" from either Brookstone or Sharper Image. This battery-powered device sends a shock through your radial nerve in your wrist (barely noticeable) that prevents motion sickness and relieves nausea.

My wife gets motion sick, and she has no problems on this larger ships.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:13 PM

Hi oxbumblebeaxo

Guessing what the weather is going to be that far ahead is hard to predict but typically that time of year it is calm. Your ship has state of the art stablizers onboard. You will be fine. "You will" enjoy the balcony cabin. Take extra memory cards for you digital camera and batteries if it takes them. You will be taking lots of pictures.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-27-2006, 09:29 AM

We went on the Explorer of the Seas in November and had smooth sailing. There was one night however the water by Cuba got a bit rough and my husband started to feel sea sick. My husband brings dramamine and on our next cruise I am going to try the Ginger capsules for him. The thing with the Ocean is you never know how rough it can get quickly and how calm it can be soon after. Even though my husband didnt want to cruise and even felt sick for a short time, he said that the cruise was the best vacation experience that he ever had. Needless to say, we are leaving Sunday on the Freedom.
If we didnt hit rough seas that one night, we wouldnt have known we were on a boat. But I do have to tell you, sleeping on a ship makes for a great nights sleep. The water rocks you ever so slightly into a night of sleep heaven!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Banned

lower decks dont move as much as upper ones in bad seas, on both cruises i went on we felt some movement, not really bad but enough for me to question whether it was the drinks i had or the waves making the hallway difficult to walk...according to my wife it was nothing, when she went to austrailia/new zealand they had to hand out airplane sick bags to people and had them available in the halls, now that would concern me.

Closed Thread

Tags
motion, nerve, radial, relief, sickness