Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2006, 07:19 PM

I'm traveling on Rhapsody on April 2. We initially requested early seating, and now are wondering if we made the right choice. We are 29 and 30 and are making this a getaway without our toddler and baby. Is the early group mainly families with kids, the older crowd or ??? Also, does the early time make you rushed on port days? Thanks for your input!
Old 03-20-2006, 07:54 PM

My wife and I have taken several cruises. We prefer the late seating. In the past with the early seating, we missed the dinner due to excersions.

Read and post cruise reviews

Enchantment 2007
Serenade 2006
Majesty 2006
Sovereign 2004
Sovereign 2003
Sovereign 2002
Old 03-20-2006, 09:33 PM

I've done some reading and asking around on this, and have heard that the later seating attracts families w/kids.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:30 AM

It is a personnal preference. In looking at your intinerary you are not in port longer than 6pm. You will have to be back onboard ship atleast 1/2 hour before sailing anyway. I myself like the early. I don't like eating such a big meal so late at night. If you take late sitting you won't get out of the dining room until around atleast 10pm. The shows are arranged to accomodate both sittings. I guess if you eat earlier at home I would go with early. If you eat late at home then go with late.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:57 AM

Thanks for your responeses. I do tend to eat early at home. I actually read/heard that the early (not late) seating attracts the families with kids. Hmm...now I don't know. Well - either way - we won't starve.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:26 PM

What ever seating you decide on make sure you find your table on the first day to see is you like the location and whatever. You can change it if you want to. We prefer the 2nd seating because we don't have to rush after coming back aboard the ship.

Have a great cruise...
Old 03-21-2006, 08:56 PM

I called to switch to late seating, and was glad they still had some available. I enjoy taking my time when getting ready for a nice dinner. And I don't think I'd like being rushed on a port day. I read on some previous posts, that the first dinner might be rushed at the end as they prepare for the late seating. I'd hate to be rushed during the best part! (dessert and coffee) Also, some mentioned that it's good to consider the shows, etc...and I wouldn't be too upset if I had to miss a show in exchange for a leisurely dinner. Thanks all!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:09 PM

We sailed on Vision of the Seas a few years ago with our children. We happened to have early seating. We noticed that all of the families with children were seated together in one area of the dining room. I imagine they also did this on the late seating.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:23 AM

We always take early seating - can't see going to bed on a full stomach. We have never felt rushed to get out of the dining room for the next seating....we have been able to enjoy our meal. This way we are able to walk off our meal before going to the show. We also never felt rushed to get back from port...we usually leave port at 5 - 5:30 and you need to be back a half hour before that so there is always plenty of time to shower and change for dinner. We usually always have time before dinner to stop and have a cocktail before going into the dining room.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:49 AM

We always take first seating for dinner. We don't feel rushed to get out of there and can't imagine going to bed on such a full stomach. We eat at a leisurly pace and enjoy our meal and socializing. This way we have time to walk off our meal before settling in to watch the shows. As far as being rushed in from the ports we have never felt that either. Most of the time you pull out at 5 - 5:30 and need to be in a 1/2 hour before that anyway. Most of the time we even have time to stop in one of the lounges for a cocktail!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnial, carribbean, carribean, cruise, dining, dinner, early, eat, late, miss, royal, seating, show, toddlers