Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 AM

Ok Jim C. Count me in the game.....

And I see that the coal dust from the smoke stacks really did a number on your skin.

Or

Did you get to meet Jack Dawson??

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 07-10-2007, 11:58 AM

Q."Is this your first cruise?"
A. Oh, is this the elevator for dumb questions?"

Q."Is this your first cruise?"
A. "No, don't you remember us?"
Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
I don't get how anyone could be smug about how many freaking cruises they have taken. BIG DEAL! As if that gives you some sort of status or honor. I'd rather know that they work hard at a respectable job and are not making their kids fat and spoiled with over-indulgence.

Sorry Tanya, just ranting a little but I feel better now.
Quote:
tanyababanya, I am sure you remember so many more pleasant experiences but unfortunatly, the cow in the elevator will be remembered for a long time. I hope your children did not notice her. Perhaps she was sucking on a sour lemon drop or her dentures had become loose.
I have no such experiences but I do remember an elderly gentleman that baaaa'ed like a sheep during the lifeboat drill. And that was 3 years ago. Still cracks me up.
Thank you Chef Ken and Hooked-on-Hal for your kind words and thought.My kids did not notice her. They were too excited to be on the ship!
We had a wonderful experience, that bad experience did not stop me from enjoying my cruise. I have talked and got alot of advice from some wonderful people on the same cruise even though they did many cruises, but boy they are down to earth, not like that lady.
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 07-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlg
Later in the cruise you would have found me looking over the railing of the Lido deck telling the ships officer; "I don't know what got into her, she just jumped!!"
Carlg you crack me up!
I just love people on this forum
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 PM

You guys are soooo quick!!
I'll have to remember these just in case!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kentishgirl:
You guys are soooo quick!!
I'll have to remember these just in case!
Yeah there's so much you can learn from people on this forum. Since it was our first cruise we tended to act overjoyed, which I guess gave her a chance to say something.
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 07-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Don’t let it go trough your system just laugh about them…that’s what I do
Let me explain:
Women: “Is this your first cruise”
Casanova: “yes my first one”
After she looks us in the yuck form like I don’t deserve their presence
You can look in her and said:
“Why??”
If she got the nerve to tell you why, I can give you some pointers of a few “good” words in Spanish you can use in order to make her notice you…

Or you can tell her:
“ yes is my first one , my therapist told us I will the best way to kill my urges of killing people…I should not be talking about it you know for the families I have change during the years with my problem..”
Old 07-10-2007, 01:27 PM
When we did Hawaii on the Norwegian Wind we met a group of Australian first-timers ecstatic about the cruise, the ship, the total experience. I had just been commenting to my husband about the age of the ship and the differences with HAL.... Made me smile to remember the excitement of my first cruise - -
Old 07-10-2007, 03:22 PM

That seems to be what we are all about here now, doesn't it. First time every time for me, that's why some of us break out in all out giddiness when we step aboard.

I am waiting for someone to post that when they do their doc-dance at the mailbox, someone walks up and asks, "first cruise?"

Can you imagine someone taking so many cruises that they pretend not to be excited anymore?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Too many choices for we wise guys of the world in this scenario. "Why yes it is our first cruise. Imagine our surprise at being invited to dine with Captain!" "Why yes it is our first cruise. Should we expect to meet more a**h***s like you, or are you an exception?" "Why yes it is our first cruise, but you look awfully familiar to me. Didn't I arrest you for prostitution in New York City a few years ago?"

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, cruises, cruising, crusing, obnoxious, obnxious, people, puerto, rican, rico, talk