Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Hi,I know this subject has been mentioned before in this forum .But here we go again.
On the first day of our cruise on the Mariner, while riding in the elevator my daughters were so excited and talked about the ship . There was a couple in their mid 50,the lady looked at my daughters then to me (I'll never forget that look) then she asked us in a snobby tone "First cruise?" I just smiled really sweet and told her "yes,this is our first time" she gave us one more disgusted look and looked away . Feel free to share your experiences.
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 AM

Why dwell on the negative? Why start a thread that exists for the express purpose of trashing other people? So you had a bad experience...but I bet you had a lot of very good experiences. Why not talk about them?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 AM

You will run into those types of people where ever you go. I don't think I could have held myself back if I was with you in that elevator. I know I would have come back with another comment like: No it's not my first cruise, just our first in a Royal Suite...

Sonny
Old 07-10-2007, 11:04 AM

lol... My rebuttal would have been very similar to Sonny's. You have to feel sorry for people like that. They are obviously a couple who's glass is always half empty and who's sky is permanently partly cloudy. Just pray for the people who had to put up with them in the dining room.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SailorJack:
Why dwell on the negative? Why start a thread that exists for the express purpose of trashing other people? So you had a bad experience...but I bet you had a lot of very good experiences. Why not talk about them?
First of all, I have joined cruise chat for a while now and I've never had the intention to talk trash about other people, but it was my first cruise so I just wanted to share a bad experience to you guys. Yes, Sailorjack we did have a lot of good experiences on that cruise ,and I did talked about them before !
Thank you Sonny and Drlivingston for the kind words.
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 07-10-2007, 11:27 AM

I don't get how anyone could be smug about how many freaking cruises they have taken. BIG DEAL! As if that gives you some sort of status or honor. I'd rather know that they work hard at a respectable job and are not making their kids fat and spoiled with over-indulgence.

Sorry Tanya, just ranting a little but I feel better now.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 AM

Sonny, I wish I could think that quickly on my feet. If I would have said what you suggested my kids probably would have chimed in "Is that what they call a room with no windows?" So I would have been no farther ahead.
tanyababanya, I am sure you remember so many more pleasant experiences but unfortunatly, the cow in the elevator will be remembered for a long time. I hope your children did not notice her. Perhaps she was sucking on a sour lemon drop or her dentures had become loose.
I have no such experiences but I do remember an elderly gentleman that baaaa'ed like a sheep during the lifeboat drill. And that was 3 years ago. Still cracks me up.

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 07-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by tanyababanya:
There was a couple in their mid 50,the lady looked at my daughters then to me (I'll never forget that look) then she asked us in a snobby tone "First cruise?" I just smiled really sweet and told her "yes,this is our first time" she gave us one more disgusted look and looked away . Feel free to share your experiences.
Later in the cruise you would have found me looking over the railing of the Lido deck telling the ships officer; "I don't know what got into her, she just jumped!!"
Old 07-10-2007, 11:46 AM

Yup, if the number of cruises taken equalled status, Sonny would be Supreme Muckity Muck.

I'm glad I wasn't there, because I would have definetly had a wise crack response. And I know what you mean about how something like that can cause you to "brew" a little the whole cruise. Even if it is only in the very back of your mind.

Maybe we should turn this topic into a "best comeback" to the sour apple...

Let see how about- "Yes, our first cruise, but gosh, you are old enough to have probably been on like a thousand cruises, right?"

Or better-

"Yes it is, I bet you can remember the excitement of your first cruise too... How is Mr. Columbus by the way?"
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Banned

Or.........."On your first cruise, did you have to help row?"

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, cruises, cruising, crusing, obnoxious, obnxious, people, puerto, rican, rico, talk