Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2003, 12:04 PM

My husband and I are going on the four day Majesty of the Seas on June 30. This is going to be our first cruise, and I had a few questions

1. Can you drink the tap water from the sink? I f not, will they fill up my drinking bottles with water before I go ashore?

2. We're staying on deck 2, an oceanview cabin, does anyone know anything about those? Also, if we decide to upgrade our cabin, is it cheaper to upgrade at port or through the TA?

3. How is the spa on the ship?

4. Are orange/apple juice included?

Thank you for any information!
Old 05-30-2003, 12:04 PM

My husband and I are going on the four day Majesty of the Seas on June 30. This is going to be our first cruise, and I had a few questions

1. Can you drink the tap water from the sink? I f not, will they fill up my drinking bottles with water before I go ashore?

2. We're staying on deck 2, an oceanview cabin, does anyone know anything about those? Also, if we decide to upgrade our cabin, is it cheaper to upgrade at port or through the TA?

3. How is the spa on the ship?

4. Are orange/apple juice included?

Thank you for any information!
Old 05-30-2003, 12:44 PM

You are going to enjoy cruising. The Majesty is a very old ship, but since you have not been on a new one you are not apt to judge as harshly. Yes, you can drink the tap water, no problem. At breakfast they have a dispenser in the buffet that has cranberry, apple and orange juice. I do NOT think it is available the rest of the day.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:13 PM

posted May 30, 2003 12:04 PM *
-------------------------------------------------I was on the Majesty May 12. Here are some answers to your questions.

1. Can you drink the tap water from the sink? Yes, but it is very gross!
My advice, bring at least 6 bottles of individual water bottles filled. That is one thing I will defintely do next time.

I f not, will they fill up my drinking bottles with water before I go ashore? I don't know if you can do this. Check in the Windjammer Cafe.

2. We're staying on deck 2, an oceanview cabin, does anyone know anything about those?
I believe this is a porthole. You won't be able to see much. I was on deck 6 and had a real window. I liked that!

Also, if we decide to upgrade our cabin, is it cheaper to upgrade at port or through the TA? Not sure about this.

3. How is the spa on the ship? It seemed ok. My husband are gym goers but we decided not to go on the ship. We took the week off from working out.

4. Are orange/apple juice included? Yes in the dining room and Windjammer.

We really loved this ship. It was our 1st cruise and we're hooked. CocoCay was a blast. If you haven't yet, read my cruise review at cruisereviews.com. -Shannon
Old 05-30-2003, 03:39 PM

I just had to reply about the water comment from the previous reply. For anyone to say the water from the tap was just gross, I'm going to guess probably didn't try it themselves. I'm a serious bottled water advocate, but I can tell you first hand, the water on the ship is exceptionally good. It tasted even better than the bottled water I drink everyday. RCCL has an onboard water filtering system that purifies the water making it crystal clear, clean and tasty. I think packing bottles of water (depending on the length of the cruise and how much you normally drink) can increase your travel load significantly. I might post a poll here just to see how many other's out there would agree.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:52 PM

thanks for all the info.

One more question, if the price of the cruise drops, can I still get a credit, even though the cruise is less than 30 days away?
Old 06-01-2003, 06:10 PM

NY girl, it wouldn't hurt to ask! Consult with RCCL or your travel agent.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:55 PM

As far as water being gross, totally untrue. We used to carry water with us, but due to the very strict weight limits, we'll probably take just 3-4 bottles on our July cruise and refill them from the tap. The cruise ships won't fill water bottles for you, as they want you to buy water as you exit the ship, or outside the buffet on most ships, on shore excursion days. Forget about a rebate, especially if you've made your final payment. Some ships will give a shipboard credit, but you're basically out of luck outherwise. Have fun!!
Old 06-01-2003, 09:24 PM

I was also wondering, can I only get drinks in the dining rooms, or are there beverage carts around? (I mean for juice and coffee and such)
Old 06-02-2003, 12:29 PM

Hey! Everyone has their own opinion! But to be negative and say since a person doesn't like something they must not have tried it is pretty nervy!!! I did indeed fill a glass with water from the sink in the bathroom to take my vitamins and I thought the water tasted gross. Sorry, but I tought that was the purpose of these boards, for people to give their own opinions. Next time maybe you can be a little more positive and say "I think the water tasted really good" instead of putting down soemone elses comment!

Closed Thread