Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2005, 07:25 PM

we will be sailing sept 23 to the western carribean,1st time for rccl,2nd cruise,any heplful info i may need to know,our 1st cruise was with ncl,i am sure there r some differences,
Old 07-07-2005, 08:05 PM

Which RCCL ship are you on? I think you will like the differences.

Tom
Old 07-08-2005, 02:46 AM

Tom,

I guess it's "Voyager of the Seas", as per the subject of the thread.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-08-2005, 07:39 AM

Raoul, now that was a helpful clue...VBG.

nucruiser, I would say the difference between Royal Caribbean's Voyager class ships and those of NCL are like night and day. They are both great, but completely different. After you board the Voyager, you will walk around in amazement, I guarantee it.

Tom
Old 07-08-2005, 08:40 AM

ok having a joke at my expense,yes it is the voyager of the seas ,i am also sure it is night and day,what other advise can i get,and recomendations,and is it really a necessity for tux and gown,we r not much for that,what would be our alternative
Old 07-08-2005, 10:12 AM

Nucruiser,
Actually I think the joke was at Tom's expense -you had made yourself perfectly clear .

On a Voyager class ship you will see a wide variety of attire on formal nights. While some people do wear long gowns and tuxes - a nice suit and cocktail dress or pantsuit would also suffice. Obviously, there is always the casual alternative dining option if you are totally adverse to dressing up.

What specific NCL ship were you on as that can make a difference in describing the differences?

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-08-2005, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NancyN:
Nucruiser,
Actually I think the joke was at Tom's expense -you had made yourself perfectly clear .
Hi Nancy,

most definitely.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-08-2005, 06:36 PM

we were on ncl dawn
Old 07-08-2005, 07:36 PM

While I haven't sailed on either ship, I have sailed on the Adventure of the Seas and the Norwegian Sun. While they are both great ships, the Adventure of the Seas is much more enjoyable. I like the attention to detail in the wall coverings, ceilings, overall design and diversity of activities.

I suspect the same will be true between the Voyager and the Dawn.

Be sure to have a wonderful time.

Walter
Old 07-09-2005, 05:00 AM

nucruiser,
I have sailed on the Voyager and the Dawn's sister ship, the Star and, in my opinion, here are some of the differences: First, the obvious dining options - The Dawn has many more dining options and offers freestyle dining; The Voyager is assigned seating in the main dining room and has fewer choices of where to eat; I found food in the main dining room of the Voyager to be very good; If you want a pleasant dining experience and quality food - don't eat in the main dining room of the Dawn, but spend the money to eat in their excellent alternative restaurants; Dress on the Dawn will tend to be more casual, due to the various dining venues and optional formal night; Personally, I prefer the entertainment, disco and bars on the Voyager class ships over NCL's; the Voyager class ships offer more "Wow" factor to the decor then the Dawn or Star (as Walter mentioned - there seems to be more attention to detail on RC); the furniture in the cabins of the Star was more modern and functional in design, while on the Voyager it was more comfortable and eye appealing; The Voyager has a beautiful solarium pool, the Dawn does not; I found the staff and service on both to be about equal.

Hope this helps-
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
attire, caribbean, class, clothes, dining, dinner, forum, freestyle, ncl, promenade, reviews, room, royal, seas, voyager