Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2006, 08:39 PM

The other two ships are not cruise ships. Way too small.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:04 AM

Sonny, I'm not sure if you were referring to my post but I looked again and they are all about the same size and all are cruise ships with pools, running tracks, etc. We could be looking at two different spots also

Oh wow, I did find Freedom, I just wasn't zoomed out far enough as I was trying to spot some of the places we had stayed in the past to see if they were still there.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 11-01-2006, 11:41 AM

I took another look at Cozumel too. The two ships by the pier are just a little over 100 feet long. Those are not cruise ships. I can't find any other cruise ships in the area. Are you sure you're looking at Cozumel?

Sonny
Old 11-01-2006, 12:11 PM

No, No...re-read my first post. I was looking at Grand Cayman at the three ships there in reference to Jim saying he didn't see any there. I said I didn't see any at Coz due to the cloud cover but like I said I wasn't zoomed out far enough. Sorry for the confusion!

Straight in from Freedom at Coz is a little cove and the hotel where we have stayed across the road. We could get to the cove via a tunnel under the road. Right next to the cove was a wonderful covered area with a deck built out over the water next to a dive operation. We used to set out there with margaritas and watch all the ships come in and then leave at night. What an awsome site. It sure looks like it was totally destroyed from what I can see in the pics

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 11-09-2006, 01:49 PM

FOTS is in google earth off the coast of cozumel:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=cozumel+mexico&...&t=k&om=1&iwloc=addr
Old 11-09-2006, 02:19 PM

Hey denhur, welcome to cruise-chat. I'm glad you posted that link. I didn't know how to do it from my goggle earth picture. I didn't think about using the map. That's quite a picture of the Freedom.

Sonny
Old 11-10-2006, 08:58 AM

Hello, i have very little experience with cruising, a bit more with internet

I took the FOTS cruise in october (15-22), it was my first cruise ever. I must say that both the ship and the islands were very impressive. A super-holiday!

Apparently the cruise i was on was a "members-cruise", as such there were hundreds of diamond and diamond-plus members. The only downside to the cruise was the overly arrogant and critical behaviour of some of these "experienced" cruisers.

greetings from the netherlands,
denhur
Old 11-10-2006, 09:10 AM

Hello Denhur, My wife and I were on the same cruise. Sorry to hear you found some of the members to be arrogant and critical. Too bad you didn't have a chance to meet Esther and I. If you like you can look at my photos of the cruise on my photo site. CLICK HERE. Just scroll down to the Freedom 10/15/06 gallery and click on it.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
cozumel, cruise, dock, docks, earth, freedom, google, goolgle, maps, navigator, pier, port, rccl, sea, seas, ships, shown