Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2006, 01:59 PM

We're looking at booking a aft cabin on deck 7. Any pros or cons vs. a side balcony? How about privacy from the side and from above? Also, we've always sailed around mid-ship, hows the motion at the back of the ship? Thanks in advance
Old 03-12-2006, 01:59 PM

We're looking at booking a aft cabin on deck 7. Any pros or cons vs. a side balcony? How about privacy from the side and from above? Also, we've always sailed around mid-ship, hows the motion at the back of the ship? Thanks in advance
Old 03-12-2006, 02:43 PM

Hello, we were on the Enchantment this past Dec, in a aft junior suite on deck 7. The Enchantment and the Rhapsody are in the same class of ship. Well, I absolutely loved it, although, there are pros and cons. I loved facing the back of the ship, with the wake. PRO- You could hear the wake with the door open. The balcony extended out, so when you stood right in front of the balcony railing it was open sky directly above you. CON -The balconies above you could look down and see you, if you were standing up against you balcony railing. They could not see you if you were standing back from your railing and more closer to you door. When I booked our JS on Aft deck 7, I didn't realize the "Spotlight Lounge" was directly below us on deck 6. I am a light sleeper, I thought it was horrible . It was so loud coming through the floor. Sometimes I could recognize the songs being played. The bass vibration was also very bad I thought, coming from the floor. You might consider checking your deck plans for deck 6, and seeing what is under you. Well, I just wanted to share my experience. Good luck, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-19-2006, 06:18 PM

My husband and I had an aft last year on the Rhapsody and are booked in an aft for our Oct 15, 2006 Rhapsody cruise. My friends enjoyed the Rhapsody so much they are taking there children and grandchildren. We have 2 aft JS and 2 aft D1 booked. The JS balconies overlook the D1 Balconies but you only see a portion of the balcony below. I am still trying to get one of the wrap-arounds...
Old 03-22-2006, 10:05 AM

Hi,
My wife and I will be on the FREEDOM the same time you're on the RHAPSODY. That's a nice coincidence
Old 03-23-2006, 06:54 PM

Hi everyone and thanks for your responses. I am Gripey371...office computer...home computer and I can never remember passwords so I had to start over. We booked an aft cabin for Dec 3 on Rhapsody and are really looking forward to it. I tried to get one of the wrap arounds but was to late. I found some pics posted on the web and they sure looked great! We can't wait!! Thanks Again!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, cabin, cabins, cons, cruise, pros, ships