Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 02:42 PM

I have seen a couple posts saying there will be 2 other ships on the same day (or 3 or 4)
I was wondering where they get that info...?
We will be in Cozumel on Dec 16, Roatan Dec. 17 & Costa Maya Dec 18. The latest time is 8:00am at Cozumel. Can anyone tell me how many other ships will be in port at the same time? Or a site where I can check this?
This is my first cruise & I wonder if we will have to "fight our way" thru the crowds. Do they stage the boats? How do I know if we are "tendered" & what does that mean? We are on Voyager of the Seas....

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Your itinerary will tell you if you are "tendered", which means the ship anchors in the harbor instead of docking and you take the tenders, or lifeboats ashore.

The schedule for your ports is:

Cozumel, 12/16, Voyager of the Seas and Carnival Fantasy;

Roatan, 12/17, Voyager of the Seas;

Costa Maya, 12/18, Voyager of the Seas.

There are several sites with this information but they have advertisers, which goes against this site's policy. But you can Google "Port Cruise Ship Schedules".
Old 11-19-2008, 07:31 PM

I've been on a lot of cruises and never thought about how many ships were in port at the same time. It always seems to be the same when going ashore every time, no matter how many ships are in port. Relax--you're going to be on vacation.

Sonny
Old 11-20-2008, 05:56 AM

Suzy D, if you leave the "got to get to X in X minutes" at home and run on island time (except getting back on board the ship), you'll see why cruising is so addictive. You don't have to "fight the crowds" at all, just kick back and relax. You're on a cruise, "No problem, man" (to be read with a Jamaican accent ). It's getting closer and closer!

Closed Thread

Tags
12, caribbean, costa, cruise, dec, dock, leave, maya, port, ports, roatan, royal, ship, ships, time, tuesday