Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 AM

Can anyone tell me the advantages (if any) to booking your next cruise while onboard? I know that it's a great feeling to have another cruise booked (so as to take away the depression you get when the current one is over!), but are there any money saving advantages or perks?

Thanks for all your help!

Jodi

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 AM

Can anyone tell me the advantages (if any) to booking your next cruise while onboard? I know that it's a great feeling to have another cruise booked (so as to take away the depression you get when the current one is over!), but are there any money saving advantages or perks?

Thanks for all your help!

Jodi

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-27-2007, 08:11 AM

You get an onboard credit for the future cruise.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:21 AM

Yes, you will get an on board credit! If you book a 7 night cruise, you will get a $100 on board credit. You don't have to decide which cruise, or when you cruise, if you purchase a "Next Cruise Booking". Also, you don't have to dish out a $250 per person down payment. You can purchase a NCB for $100. Your NCB will not expire, and when you decide which cruise you want to take, you use this booking number. You'll get the $100 you paid credited to the down payment, and when you board the ship you'll have a $100 on board credit. It's really a no-brainer.

Sonny
Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 AM

Also you can tell them to turn everything over to your Travel Agent.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:51 AM

Personally, I wouldn't do that. I get the booking in my name, and hand them over to my travel agent myself. Twice, Royal Cribbean screwed it up for my agent. And another time, I found a really cheap cruise through another agency. My T.A. had to turn the booking number over to that agency, but my agent was on a cruise and I couldn't reach her. It was a real hassle to work everything out. So, now, after I decide what cruise I want to take is I give my booking number to my agent.

Either way, keeping the booking in your name, or turning in over to your agent, you can't beat the perk of an on board credit.

I purchased two next cruise bookings while on the Liberty last month. I don't know when we'll use them, but I know some great deal will come along and I'll be ready.

Sonny
Old 11-27-2007, 11:48 AM

RCI has made the issue of turning over bookings more dificult. It used to take just a simple phone call and it was done. Now they require the request be done in writing. You have to send an email or letter to RCI with the request. For a company that has always been among the most T/A friendly lines with great policies, they're going the wrong direction with recent rule changes. I hope the trend doesn't continue in that direction.

Taking the onboard booking perks and shopping for an agency with add'l perks or lower rates as Sonny allueded to is a good way to go. Agency perks can almost always be combined with the ones you recieve from booking onboard and C&A benefits as well. C&A savings on balcony and above categories along with OBC for booking on the ship is already a huge benefit. Anything else you can get is a bonus!

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Administrator

When we booked a "next cruise" while aboard the Liberty in June, I had it set up for my agent-on-record with RCI, and so my docs for that open booking list my agent.

I like getting the on-board credit and having part of the deposit already paid since it is a given that we will be cruising with RCI at least once a year and perhaps more often, so it isn't as though I am tying up my money for very long.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:02 PM

quote:
Now they require the request be done in writing. You have to send an email or letter to RCI with the request. For a company that has always been among the most T/A friendly lines with great policies, they're going the wrong direction with recent rule changes.

RCI and Celebrity have a simple transfer form that gets filled out and signed by the passenger, and mailed or faxed to the cruise line. It's not a difficult process. With all the changes that have been made in every industry to combat identity theft, I don't think having the transfer request in writing is unreasonable.

Sandy
Old 11-27-2007, 04:52 PM

We plan on purchasing one of the NCB while on the Liberty in a few days. I will probably put it in my name and then shop for a cruise that we can't turn down!! Gotta love cruising.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
bonus, booking, caribbean, carnival, cruise, current, deals, great, it, onboard, one, payment, put, royal, ship, worth