Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi Sonny,

Well done on 42 cruises, but for me the monotony of it would be mind numbing!! Its like watching the same movie over and over again, obviously the food is going to be similar thats not a problem, but going to a show knowing the format and the same ding dong all the time would be just very unappealing.

Us Irish like variety!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:22 PM

Corkgirl, I thought the shows on the Liberty were better than most. By format, I was refering to the schedule of events on the ships. The shows on ships aren't all the same. For example: You'll aways see the love and marriage show, but it's never the same. You'll always see the Quest, but it's never the same. Even ice shows are different from ship to ship. I would never say it's monotonous.

Sonny
Old 11-06-2007, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
Corkgirl, I thought the shows on the Liberty were better than most. By format, I was refering to the schedule of events on the ships. The shows on ships aren't all the same. For example: You'll aways see the love and marriage show, but it's never the same. You'll always see the Quest, but it's never the same. Even ice shows are different from ship to ship. I would never say it's monotonous.

Sonny
Sonny, you are so right. We sometimes never see any of the shows or events on a ship. And other cruises we go to everything that we can. They are always a little different, depending on the participants. As many have said in cruisechat, a cruise is yours personally!!!
Make it a good one!!
Sonny, I had a folder where I could go to find pictures of your cruises. I lost it somewhere. Can you lead me in the right direction to see your photos again. If I remember, yours were the best!
Thanks
kathycruiser

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-06-2007, 10:23 AM

Thank you, kathycruiser. I'm glad you like my pictures. I'll be posting more pictures this week. Click HERE to get to my photo site.

Sonny
Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 AM

Same with us, there are some cruises we don't see one show at all. I LOVE the newly wed or love and marriage games, they had one on Costa Magica last year that was so funny I missed half of it from laughing so hard. But I find each line puts their own spin on the basics and even though the format is similar, the people are not. It's like any of the game shows on tv, the contestants make the show, not the hosts.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:29 PM
HI Sonny,

Hope you dont mind, I had a look at your photos and they look great! You have done so many could you recommend the best ship in your opinion, I was on voyager and would love to try another one, I am going to a Cruise Exhibition at the weekend, with Celebrity,Royal Caribbean, Norweigan, costa, MSC, Orient, silversea, Fred Olsen,

I would love something a little more modern than Voyager, which I must say was fantastic.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-06-2007, 04:44 PM

Hello, corkgirl. I think most of us that have been on the Freedom or Liberty would highly recommend either one of them. They're a little larger than the Voyager. I would also recommend the Navigator or Mariner.

Sonny
Old 11-07-2007, 03:47 PM

I agree with Sonny. The love and marriage show, quest, sexy leg, belly flop, all these shows are on every ship but the people who participate make the shows. On the Freedom on the love and marriage, there was a 78yr old gentleman that kept everyone rolling. When asked what bra size he will buy for his wife. He said " I don't know 36 and about" then holds his hands up in a cupping fashion while rubbing the air. Needless to say, Becky, the cruise director had to say something "About what size". He proceded to say "bigger than your that's for sure". Becky, placed her hand to her face and went and hid behind the curtain. You probably had to be there to get the full effect, but I laughed so hard my side hurt.
I have watched the show on every ship I have been on and I always laughed. We have made some great friends onboard some of which we still correspond. Cruising is what you make of it.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-09-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
I just returned from my 42nd RCCL cruise, and the format is always the same except for the people. The people is what makes the cruise. If anyone thinks going to any other cruise line, or different size ships, is going to make any difference to the format; you're wrong. Even menus are very simular from ship to ship. If I ever get so bored with the format that I complain, I'll same my money and not cruise anymore. It's my choice.

Sonny
Well said sonny.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:44 AM

You are all right on about the people. We enjoy all of our cruises, no matter how same or different they are. No matter what islands, what cruise director, what captain, who our cabin attendant is, what the ship looks like, what the weather....anything at all....we still love cruising! Because we are the type of PEOPLE who make of it what WE want it to be. We do not expect others to make our cruise fun. We expect ourselves to make our cruise fun.
Am I rambling on here? I do that sometimes.
Anyway....go have a fun cruise...no matter what.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, caribbeans, carribean, cruise, dvd, forum, game, gave, love, marraige, marriage, review, royal, show, things