Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2006, 05:21 AM

Here's a link to an article about RCCI new alcohol policy. http://www.etravelblackboard.com/ind...id=54556&nav=5
Old 08-17-2006, 07:52 PM

I just got back from the Adventure of the Seas and it is tough to get booze past the guards! Everyone has to place ALL carry on to be scanned including water bottles! If you want to get creative stash the booze in your luggage prior to boarding and hope nothing breaks. I was able however to bring wine on board after arguing with the guards that since they were going to charge me $12 corkage fee I can bring it on.

My only comment .... be creative and sneeky.. and good luck.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:17 PM

My opinion, better safe than sorry & lose a trip of a lifetime.
This must be a new policy due to that Mr. Smith that got intoxicated & murdered apparently. Maybe this is their way of curbin' possibilities like such. Anyone else know of why the new policy. It wasn't like this when we went on the Navigator of the Seas.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Administrator

The policy appears to be a result of several incidents, most notably the one a few weeks ago where a group of young men smuggled booze aboard in mouthwash bottles, got smashed, then went out clubbing on the ship, and then one of them fell overboard at 2am or so and was never found.

Old 08-20-2006, 07:50 AM

R.I.P. eaglesrlife........

Old 08-20-2006, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by S&C_06:
Yeah exactly barbara, my boss says his alcohol tab usually runs about $400 while on the ship...I dont plan on spending any money on alcohol while on board...When we hit the ports we will most likely buy alcohol, but the other two cabins we have friends in are each going to bring a different alcholic beverage. We plan on drinking in a different cabin each night to spread the wealth of alcohol...And no we are not alcoholics......just drunks...

s&c, i dont think that you can do that. because last year my mom bought some alcohol in a port, and they took it and put our room number on it and that she couldnt get it back until the end of the cruise. there was a pile of alcohol that they confiscated so it was only just us. but unfortunatly the person who wrote the room number must not have wrote it neatly and on the last night her drink got sent to another room. luckily the person in that room was nice enough too call my mom and tell her that they had her bottle so she can come get it.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:51 AM

We bought alcohol (Cuban rum) on our Panama trip last Dec (Brilliance). We were even able to bring it to our rooms. We didn't even hide it. We also bought alcohol on the ship and were able to bring it to our room. It could be new workers or the fact they really couldn't speak English very well.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:53 AM

we sailed on the mariner 05 and the rhapsody 06. both times bags were searched for alchohol and anything we bought at port or on the ship was taken and given back the last night.

Caribbean Resorts & Hotels
Old 08-21-2006, 07:16 AM

17andcruiseaddict...I didnt mean we brought the alcohol from the ports, what I meant was we drank at the ports, sorry if I confused ya...

Closed Thread

Tags
alchol, alcohol, bayonne, booze, bringing, brings, caribbean, carribean, cruise, hal, nj, policy, rc, royal, smuggling