Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 05:30 PM

i have been checking out the threads re alcohol smuggling on another forum. everyone is saying easy to take bottles on board in checked luggage - not carry ons. (this is not referring to buying in port city and bringing on board; this is bringing on during embarkation. however, there is discussion of new policies and waiting to hear from those sailing on 7/28. anyone have more info?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:54 AM

I know my wife and I snuck some on in our luggage when we took a 3 day out of San Pedro to Catalina and Ensenada on Carnival. We didnt have a problem. But I am not sure about Royal Caribbean or any new policies they have. Hope my wife and I arent the only alcoholics here that try to bring their own alcohol...lol
Old 08-02-2006, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Hope my wife and I arent the only alcoholics here that try to bring their own alcohol...lol
Get in line.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:59 PM

I feel better now. Didnt want to sound like a cheapskate....We are loading up on the alcohol for our Freedom Cruise since we are taking the kids with us, paying for 5 makes it harder on the wallet!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 12:04 PM

we are doing the Explorer out of bayonne NJ in Oct. We never (really) took liquor on board, but just paying over $20 (tom collins & margeritta) for 2 drinks on the Empress, we're thinking about it.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:58 PM

Yeah exactly barbara, my boss says his alcohol tab usually runs about $400 while on the ship...I dont plan on spending any money on alcohol while on board...When we hit the ports we will most likely buy alcohol, but the other two cabins we have friends in are each going to bring a different alcholic beverage. We plan on drinking in a different cabin each night to spread the wealth of alcohol...And no we are not alcoholics......just drunks...
Old 08-10-2006, 11:12 AM

I just wrote this in another thread, but : Filling the PLASTIC mouthwash bottles with rum and vodka seperatley , adding in half a tea spoon of green and blue food coloring, made the stuff look exactly like scope ! Put it in your checked luggage and it's at your door a few hours later ! Imagine how much cash that saved us just adding a shot to our sodas each time.
I've only done it one, last month, but it worked.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:02 PM

hi i am going to work on explorer of the seas as a cleaner clf what kind of work is that and how much they pey them please aswer me?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:53 PM

I'm sorry but food coloring? Please someone tell me you don't have to be James Bond to bring alchohole on the ship. I'll give you props though.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:13 PM

Do you really think the cruise lines don't know about these boards and have people reading them? The end result of all the "sneaking" will be higher cruise prices.

Closed Thread

Tags
alchol, alcohol, bayonne, booze, bringing, brings, caribbean, carribean, cruise, hal, nj, policy, rc, royal, smuggling