Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2006, 09:43 AM

Hey again!(I'm at work and very bored so I figured I would write all my questions at once, haha)

Well, my family is planning on booking the cruise any day now. However, I was wondering if it matters what side the stateroom is located on? We are getting a balcony room on Deck 9. Does it matter, though, if you're in the back/midship/front or starboard/port of the ship?

I have been on one cruise before with my mom and we had an interior on Deck 9 on the starboard side/front of the ship. That was totally fine with us. I just don't know if it makes a difference because we will now have a balcony.

Perhaps a certain area of the ship can make you more seasick?(This happened with our other room but we just took medicine? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Sammy
Old 12-24-2006, 01:27 PM

If you are looking for the smoothest ride I suggest midship. However, if you want to be rocked to sleep at night - front and aft are nice.

QTPie
Old 12-24-2006, 07:08 PM
QTPie is right,
midship is smoothest; then aft; and foreword is the most noticeable.
For some ports it makes a difference which side you are on; for example, sailing into Istanbul you would want to be on portside; into Venice, on starboard. But usually it dosen't much matter. Let us know where you are sailing and someone who has been there can help you out.
Another consideration is, do you want morning sun or afternoon sun on your balcony. You can determine which you will get on either side just by looking at a map.
Have fun planning and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:25 AM

Merry Christmas! Well, we are doing a Western Caribbean cruise. I think we would rather have morning sun since we will be out of the stateroom in the afternoons. I believe we would want to be on the port side then? Thanks for the help!
Old 12-25-2006, 09:32 AM

Oh and one more thing. Does anyone recommend trying to get one of the rooms on the "hump" of the ship? I personally think you would get a better view.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:41 PM

Merry Christmas!

We just returned from a cruise on the Radiance. I'm not sure what ship you are booking on. But on the Radiance class, the "hump" would be a good choice. We were in cabin 8560, a balcony room. However, there is a canopy or cover over the lifeboats on the Radiance class and it obscured our view of the docks because we could not look straight down. We missed some of the entertainment provided on the docks.

We did not run into this on the Grandeur because the lifeboats were recessed. We like to be able to look down at the water, the flying fish, etc. We were disappointed in that regard on the Radiance. The "hump" would have worked better. We also determined that any cabin from the front of the ship to cabin 8540 would have been ok. The canopy started at 8542!

Hope this helps!

Nadine
Old 12-25-2006, 03:27 PM

Thanks for the info! I'll be going on the Liberty of the Seas. If anyone has pictures of a balcony room on the Freedom of the Seas located at the "hump," that would be awesome! Thanks again for the help!

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, deck, freedom, liberty, maps, seas, seasick