Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Balcony Dividers - Freedom of the Seas (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/24247-balcony-dividers-freedom-seas.html)

Julie White 03-30-2007 01:55 AM

Does anyone know if you can request that the divider between you and your neighbour on Deck 7 of Freedom can be removed/opened? We are sailing with friends in December on the Liberty but understand that it is the same as Freedom and wondered if anyone had managed to request the opening of the balconies?
Thanks, Julie White

Julie White 03-30-2007 01:55 AM

Does anyone know if you can request that the divider between you and your neighbour on Deck 7 of Freedom can be removed/opened? We are sailing with friends in December on the Liberty but understand that it is the same as Freedom and wondered if anyone had managed to request the opening of the balconies?
Thanks, Julie White

Sonny V 03-30-2007 06:40 AM

Hello Julie, Yes you can have the divider opened. We had ajoining cabins with our friends in the Freedom. We asked our stateroom attendent and he unlocked the sliding door between our balconies. To see what it looks like CLICK HERE

Sonny

lpjpane 03-30-2007 12:29 PM

Can this be done on any boat? We'll be traveling with the kids on Adventure of the Seas in August and would love to see them and have the feel of a bigger balcony? Our rooms are only next to each other - not adjoining.

Is this something we can request ahead of time or after we're on the boat?

Sonny V 03-30-2007 03:43 PM

Just talk to your stateroom attendent when you get on the ship. Should be no problem. The Adventure is a great ship.

Sonny

lpjpane 03-31-2007 08:11 AM

Thanks! Found your pictures from the Adventure of the Seas. Does the rounded edge of the balcony wall interfere with view much? It looks like our 2 rooms will have the rounded edge between us.

Sonny V 03-31-2007 10:58 PM

I think you're talking about the bump out balconies when you say rounded walls. I think the bump out gives you a better view because you can look down the side of the ship.

Sonny

kathycruiser 04-03-2007 06:56 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SONNYV:
I think you're talking about the bump out balconies when you say rounded walls. I think the bump out gives you a better view because you can look down the side of the ship.

Sonny </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Sonny,
Where can I find your pictures on the Adventure of the Seas? Also, the balcony dividers on the Freedom or Liberty look different than the ones on the Adventure. Is that correct? I was told that the dividers on the Adventure could NOT be opened.
Being the GURU that you are.....can you enlighten me?
Thanks so much!
kathycruiser

Sonny V 04-03-2007 12:04 PM

Hi Kathy, The Freedom dividers have a sliding door that can be unlocked. Other "Voyager" class ships have panels that are screwed in beween some of the balcony cabins. I never requested a panel to be removed because I know it's a big hassel. The sliding door just has to be unlocked by your cabin steward. You can see my pictures by clicking HERE. Hope this helps...

Sonny

kathycruiser 04-03-2007 01:39 PM

WOW!!!!!
Great pictures of your Adventure sailing. When I get time, I will take a look at some of your other sailings.
Thanks so much for sharing.
I loved it!!
kathy

ps...I am sure we asked when we were on the Voyager and the steward told us the dividers could not be opened. I might press that issue if possible.