Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 12:43 PM

We stayed in Miami the night before and put them on then. They didn't go through the airline just the pier and the ship. But as I said, all my other vinyl/heavy duty tags were ripped off too at the pier or on the ship. The only way they knew the luggage was mine, was because of the flush label that gets slid into the luggage itself. I really think they are having issues with their scanning machines at the pier/ship.
Carnival Sensation 2002
Explorer 2003
Explorer 2004
Adventure 2005
Freedom 2006
Vision 2007
Jewel 2008
Liberty B2B 2009
Solstice B2B 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-18-2009, 07:21 AM

Maybe they should have ones that stick directly onto the luggage rather than wrap around a handle.

Next time I travel I am also going to put my name inside my case. Recently heard about a couple who stole luggage and they ripped off all the name tags. They might miss inside ones.

Penny, I agree--the print your own luggage tags don't sound very feasible.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:47 AM

Was that the couple in Arizona that had over 1300 suitcases? Pretty scary. I have those inserts in my luggage, too, but it doesn't have the cabin numbers on them. I think I'll take some shipping tape with me, write my cabin number on a strip of paper, and tape it to my suitcases.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:59 AM

My travel agent said she would get my luggage tags laminated for us. She says that will make them less likely to tear. This could be an option, if you know where to take them to have this done.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Was that the couple in Arizona that had over 1300 suitcases?
Yes!

You could also write your cabin number on your suitcase in chalk. Chalk comes off easily when you rub it. I was on a bus tour one time and at one of the hotels they wrote our room number on the case in chalk. Of course, then you'd have to carry chalk with you unless you wrote on before you left home. Not a great solution, I know.

I shouldn't have to laminate the cruise luggage tags. Is it expecting too much that the cruise line provide adequate luggage tags?

Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 PM

They should just use the same technology that the airlines use. We should also get some kind of stub to prove we handed bags to people on the pier. I know I would never hand over luggage to the airline without some kind of confirmation in my hand...so why are we so trusting by just dumping our luggage at the pier?

I really wonder the real stats on how many pieces are lost on the ship (or never make it to the ship).
Carnival Sensation 2002
Explorer 2003
Explorer 2004
Adventure 2005
Freedom 2006
Vision 2007
Jewel 2008
Liberty B2B 2009
Solstice B2B 2010

Old 11-18-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
We should also get some kind of stub to prove we handed bags to people on the pier. I know I would never hand over luggage to the airline without some kind of confirmation in my hand...so why are we so trusting by just dumping our luggage at the pier?
HELLO!!!! When my friend dropped us off at the pier in Miami there was a man who said he'd take our luggage and if we'd like to tip him to do so now. We said okay and started to walk away so he reiterated the tipping part. I was like, good grief, and started to get some money when he said if you don't want to tip don't. So we left, but we were very worried about our luggage and hoped it would make it on. When we got inside I checked with someone to make sure that we left our luggage in the right place. You are right that the cruise line should give guests a ticket to verify how many pieces they have.

In Baltimore we put our luggage in a bin to be loaded on the ship. No one asked for a tip or gave a receipt.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Administrator

The coupon book is quite useless now. I don't think we used anything from it on the Grandeur in June.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:42 PM

I have never put my luggage tags on before the morning of embarkation. I never had any problems with lost luggage. I guess we all have to trust the people that handle our luggage. If someone would want to steal it, what good would a stub be?

Sonny
Old 11-19-2009, 06:26 AM

These were not put on until the morning of embarkation...but the point is- 2 of the bags had all tags (4 on each) ripped off by the scanners they are using. We had never had a problem either...but there is always a first time!

Presently, the cruise line does not have any way of tracking your luggage...I am sure when they lose a piece of luggage of yours, you will wish they had a better system...so that when you report a piece missing, you have something to document the actual existence of a bag.

Bottom line, it is not a good way to start off a vacation...being frustrated by their very chaotic system.

There is absolutely no way of tracking your belongs the way the system is and when you look at all the other technology they employ...it is about time they improve this system.
Carnival Sensation 2002
Explorer 2003
Explorer 2004
Adventure 2005
Freedom 2006
Vision 2007
Jewel 2008
Liberty B2B 2009
Solstice B2B 2010

Closed Thread