Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 10:39 PM

Hi everyone...I am beginning to plan a vacation for my husband and myself for Fall 2011. We are looking at the Western Caribbean itinerary on Freedom. I'd like to hear recommendations for what deck/stateroom category to stay in. We have only been on Majesty and Sovereign before. I don't want to spend a ton of $, but wouldn't mind staying in a decent balcony room. Also - anyone have any experiences to share with the promenade view rooms?

Majesty of the Seas - Jan. 2011
Majesty of the Seas - Feb. 2009
Sovereign of the Seas - Feb. 2008
Majesty of the Seas - Nov. 2007
Old 10-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi,
We had a balcony (deck 8) on Freedom last year and loved it. There was plenty of room and having breakfast a few mornings all by ourselves was soooo relaxing. Freedom will seem like a monster when compared to Majesty. Both ships are great...just be ready for the wow factor on Freedom. I highly recommend it! We also took the Western route so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:00 PM

Well, I probably can't be much help. I just got back from the Freedom, and loved it! I had an interior stateroom on deck 9. If you're concerned about Promenade noise, then I would recommend booking nothing lower than deck 9. I think the rooms overlooking the promenade are on decks 6, 7, and 8. The promenade itself is on deck 5.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 10-22-2010, 06:16 PM
I would agree that IF you can afford it, or simply want it, get a balcony cabin. My understanding is that the price of the "same" cabin goes up slightly as you go higher deck wise. We've always gotten one on deck 9 port side, and my wife LOVES to sit on the balcony and read or just watch the ocean go by. We just got off Liberty (sister ship). You're gonna like it! Have a great cruise! StingRay City in Georgetown, GC is well worth the time and cost at least once!!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:04 PM

The best way to save money on a balcony cabin is to book a "Guarantee" balcony if available. You could be guaranteed an E-2 and end up with a D-1. The "E" category is less expensive than the "D" category. They both start with the number 3 and to up to 1. The difference is their location. The "D" category cabins are a little larger. My deck preference are 10 and 6. I like the Promenade on deck 5 so if I'm on deck 6, I never use the elevators to come and go to the Promenade. I also go to deck 11 where the pools are, and the Windjammer is. Going up only one set of stairs to get there is a piece of cake. You've probably figured out that I'm not fond of elevators. Prices don't really vary that much between categories which you'll find out when planning your cruise. I've also stayed in a promenade stateroom and find them a lot better than a regular inside cabin. You may find that you can get an outside cabin for around the same price.

Sonny
Old 10-23-2010, 04:18 PM
I had a promenade stateroom on the Explorer. I have to say that I found it very loud. Especially on the nights when they had the parades. Although I also enjoyed the people watching. One night they were buffing the cafe floor and moving the tables and I heard squeeking all night. Try for a higher deck if you can get it.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 10-23-2010, 07:39 PM

I wasn't bothered by the noise. It has to get loud before you here any from the Promenade cabins. Here are a couple more pictures...

I would take an outside cabin over a Promenade cabin if the price was close. That's just my opinion, I have a friend that loves Promenade staterooms.

Sonny
Old 10-23-2010, 09:37 PM

Thank you all for your input! I really appreciate it. I'm excited to be on a "big" ship and I think we may go for the balcony just for something different. We always got an outside stateroom in the past, twice on deck 8 on Majesty and once on deck 7 on Sovereign. We like to be close to the stairs/elevator because we don't like to waste time walking the halls, haha.

The promenade rooms look like a definite back-up plan if price does come into play. The only thing that bothers me about them is that I like to see outside when I get up in the morning, just to get an idea of the weather and whatnot.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:47 PM

Well...I reserved it today! Balcony room on Deck 6! So excited...we cannot wait until October 2011!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:15 PM

You'll have a great time. Congratulations!

Closed Thread

Tags
category, deck, difference, freedom, inside, loud, majesty, preferences, promenade, reviews, room, rooms, sea, seas, stateroom