Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2006, 08:37 PM

I just learned of a price break on the Navigator OTS, but was told that this is a "Guarantee" cabin that is on the 6th deck, not the 8th that I'm currently at, and that we would not know our room until 2 weeks before we sail.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of room and is the 6th deck balconies obstructed in any way or have the life boats over them? Just wondering what the difference is and if it's worth changing.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:56 PM

I would stay on deck 8 if there's not much difference in the price. A guarantee catagory means you have a guarantee for a balcony on deck 6. You don't have a choice of a specific cabin number. If they sell all of the cabin on deck 6 you may go to deck 7 or 8. There is no obstruction. The life boats are on deck 4.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:42 PM

Whether you take a guarantee depends on the price difference. Since the balcony cabins are basically identical except for the amount of glass on the balconies on some ships if you are on deck 6 (even the D's are only a hair bigger than the E's), if the price difference is dramatic it is well worth it. You usually end up with a cabin on 6, but you could luck out and get one higher, and I know many people who have. They usually tell you where the cabin is when you put down a deposit, so if you hate the location I suppose you can cancel and re-book. If you're very picky about your location (we're not) you may want to stick with what you have. In our case, so far we've always been happy with our guarantees and prefer spending the thousands we save on shopping sprees!! Good luck whatever you decide.

SignalK
Old 10-17-2006, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SignalK:
Whether you take a guarantee depends on the price difference. Since the balcony cabins are basically identical except for the amount of glass on the balconies on some ships if you are on deck 6 (even the D's are only a hair bigger than the E's), if the price difference is dramatic it is well worth it. You usually end up with a cabin on 6, but you could luck out and get one higher, and I know many people who have. They usually tell you where the cabin is when you put down a deposit, so if you hate the location I suppose you can cancel and re-book. If you're very picky about your location (we're not) you may want to stick with what you have. In our case, so far we've always been happy with our guarantees and prefer spending the thousands we save on shopping sprees!! Good luck whatever you decide.

SignalK
How could you save thousands to book guarantee cabin? If you're booking a balcony cabin, it's the same prices for guarantee and "Normal", right? But you can may earn a free upgrade..?
So, is guarantee som much cheaper than the rest of the cabins in the specific cabin categ. ?

Closed Thread

Tags
6th, balcny, balcony, caribbean, cruise, deck, glass, guarantee, guaranteed, guarnteed, metal, navigator, reviewa, room, royal, upgrade