Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:53 AM

My DH and I are going on our first cruise in less than 30 days, August 14 to be exact. We are both thrilled about this.

We are in Cabin 3521 on Deck 3 with is a Category M. Anyone been in this cabin? Is there at lot of motion where this cabin is? I've gotten sea sick before and worry a bit about this happening again.

Also, we will fly into Orlando and take the shuttle to Port Canaveral. In Orlando, do we get our luggage at baggage claim and take it to the boat with us on the shuttle, or does it automatically go to the boat.

Since I have our travel documents now, can I sign up for the Crown and Anchor membership (or was it a different name for first time cruisers) I have heard someone talk about before, or do I have to do this after the cruise?

Will anyone else be doing on this cruise at this time...Sovereign of the Seas on August 14?

I'm sure I have lots more questions, but I can't seem to think of any now. Thanks everyone for their help. I've already learned tons of things about cruising that I had no clue about to start with.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:53 AM

My DH and I are going on our first cruise in less than 30 days, August 14 to be exact. We are both thrilled about this.

We are in Cabin 3521 on Deck 3 with is a Category M. Anyone been in this cabin? Is there at lot of motion where this cabin is? I've gotten sea sick before and worry a bit about this happening again.

Also, we will fly into Orlando and take the shuttle to Port Canaveral. In Orlando, do we get our luggage at baggage claim and take it to the boat with us on the shuttle, or does it automatically go to the boat.

Since I have our travel documents now, can I sign up for the Crown and Anchor membership (or was it a different name for first time cruisers) I have heard someone talk about before, or do I have to do this after the cruise?

Will anyone else be doing on this cruise at this time...Sovereign of the Seas on August 14?

I'm sure I have lots more questions, but I can't seem to think of any now. Thanks everyone for their help. I've already learned tons of things about cruising that I had no clue about to start with.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:16 AM

Congratulations on your first cruise, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. I've not been in your cabin, but generally speaking mid-ship and lower is less movement. If you're worried about being sea sick, you can take some ginger tablets with you (from a health food store) or some Bonine (from WalMart,etc.). When you arrive in Orlando, you will go to the baggage claim area. If you purchased the shuttle through the cruise ship, there will be a person or persons with signs. After you claim your luggage, go to these people, and they will direct you to your shuttle. I thought you could sign up for the Crown and Anchor membership on-line, but SonnyV will know the answer to that. I'm sure there will be others that can offer better answers, but hope I helped a little. Best wishes!
Old 07-20-2006, 09:46 AM

Hi Smileygirll,
I'll bet your smile is getting bigger each day. If you didn't buy your airfare through RCCL, or make shuttle arrangements through them, you will have to handle your luggage on your own. I would get a porter to do that, it's well worth the tip. You can sign up for your C&A membership on ship or on the internet when you get home. Any cruise credit given is after the cruise is completed. Membership is free and there are great perks, especially after 5 cruises.
Cabin 3521 is more to the bow of the ship and on the port(left)side. Catagory "M" is an inside cabin. If the seas are calm you won't feel movement any where, if you encounter rough seas, your best place is center and lower. Picture yourself on a tetter-totter sitting in the center or on either end.
Hope this helps...

Sonny
Old 07-20-2006, 09:52 AM

quote:
Picture yourself on a teeter-totter, sitting in the center or on either end.

Sonny,
Great analogy! I wish I had thought of it.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:25 AM

Thanks for the answers to my questions....

yes, I am smiling more and more every day. However I feel like each day will probably drag on longer and longer knowing that my first cruise and first vacation of the year is about to happen.

Yes, we purchased our cruise and airfare through a travel agent.

I tried to sign up for the Crown and Anchor club online this morning, but it said I had to wait two weeks until after my cruise to sign up.

Eagerly awaiting to set sail, Smileygirll!

Old 07-20-2006, 10:51 AM

Smileygirl,
You will be able to sign up for the C&A once you are on the ship. I did it and it took no time at all. A few weeks after arriving home I recieved my card and info packet. I periodically recieve magazines with coupons in them, however they have not been any that I have been able to use. We will miss eachother in port canaveral by one day, We are on the Mariner 8-6 and it returns on 8-13. Have a fantastic time on you cruise.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:59 AM

Smilegirl,
I was on the Sovereign last year in November.
I loved the Sovereign. It was my first cruise last year. Have fun. I can't remember where I heard this, but I was told you could join the
Crown & Anchor while on the cruise. I may be totally wrong?

Countrymoon
MSC - Lirica 2008

Old 07-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Regarding signing up for Crown And Anchor...here is an excerpt from the RCCL website: "You can also fill out an onboard enrollment form at the Guest Relations Desk during a cruise. Sign up and you'll be able to experience the benefits of Crown & Anchor Society membership on your next Royal Caribbean cruise vacation."
Old 07-20-2006, 12:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by smileygirll:

Yes, we purchased our cruise and airfare through a travel agent.

I tried to sign up for the Crown and Anchor club online this morning, but it said I had to wait two weeks until after my cruise to sign up.

Eagerly awaiting to set sail, Smileygirll!

Did your travel agent use RCCL's package for airfare?? He or she could have arranged airfare withour RCCL's package because it's a little more money.

Signing-up, or enrolling, can be done on the ship. It takes a couple of weeks before your cruise credit is processed. You DON'T have to wait two weeks before you sign-up. It's no big deal. You can't use any perks until your next cruise anyhow. It's fun climbing up the C&A status ladder, for every cruise credit you have to take a cruise. How much fun is that?

Closed Thread

Tags
agents, cruiser, questions, time, travel