Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 08:30 PM

Hello,
We are cruising on the Freedom. My parents are staying next door to us with adjoining cabins. I was wondering if the partitions on the balconies can be opened to allow both balconies to adjoin also?

thanks,
Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 09-25-2006, 05:10 PM

I guess we will find out when we get there..

Old 09-25-2006, 08:36 PM

Not sure about Freedom of the Seas, but while on the Mariner of the Seas recently (which is kind of like the Freedom but 90 ft. smaller), they opened up the balcony for us. Thought that was very nice!... A doublewide! Whooeee! I asked the girl at check-in who called down for us to get them up to open the balcony to the other. A couple of RC crew came up with a tool/key that opened it up. We were so happy becuase we had initially reserved adjoining cabins, but they screwed up and there was no adjoining doors, so the balcony was actually better for us anyway, plus they upgraded us to a really big balcony room probably because of the screw-up. The Freedom of the Seas is going to be truly spectacular. I wanted to go on that one, but I've done that intinerary already 3 times. I'll wait to see if it changes it's intinerary, then I'll book. What excursions have you planned?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:26 PM

Thanks! I hope they will unlock our balconies to make one big one. We haven't planned any excursions. I just am not into adventurous stuff and we have a 3 year old little boy. I feel like we are so lucky just to be taking a cruise. I would be just as happy to stay on the boat and never leave, but my husband and I want to be able to say that we has been to Jamaica, Cozumel, etc. So we will just get off and walk around I guess. I might feel different if we ever take more cruises, but right now I think I'm just so overwhelmed by everything.

Also before our son gets grown we want to go to Disney World. I see you are in Orlando. I haven't been there since 1996. We first wanted to do the Disney cruise, but then heard by others how nice the Royal Caribbean was, so we are going to try it first.

Linda

Old 09-29-2006, 02:37 PM

Wesnlin, the adjoining cabins should have removable partitions. I saw that on the Freedom in May. I'll be on the Freedom in a couple of weeks and will take some pictures of our adjoining cabins and balconies.

Sonny
Old 09-29-2006, 03:31 PM

Ok great, Thanks Sonny! But I am just a little bit jealous, I wish we were going this Oct, but we still have 1 year to wait. Oh well I can hear all about yours and that will help for now. I hope you and Esther have a great time!

Linda

Closed Thread

Tags
adjoin, ajoin, balconies, balcony, caribbean, carnival, cruise, freedom, line, open, opening, partitions, royal, seas, ships