Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2006, 11:16 AM

My wife and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary in June. We have been on 3 Royal Caribbean cruises in the past (all to the Caribbean) with the kids and have enjoyed them. I would like to book a cruise for just the two of us. My wife is a fearful-flyer, so I was considering 5 nights to Bermuda departing New Jersey, which we can drive to instead of flying. I would appreciate any and all advice. Good destination? Sufficient no. of nights? Anything I can request onboard to make the anniversary celebration special? Thanks to all you seasoned experts!
Old 04-16-2006, 11:43 AM

Hi,
The Explorer of the Seas sails out of Cape Liberty in June on a 5 night cruise to Kings Wharf, Bermuda. It docks there two days and there are two days at sea. If you haven't been on a "Voyager" class ship you will be in awe. The ship is a destination in itself.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:55 PM

Bermuda is a beautiful destination with gorgeous beaches and wonderful people.

A five night cruise to Bermuda is better than nothing, but not as good as a seven night. You can add lots of special touches, depending on how much, if any, extra money you want to spend. If you let your travel agent know it's your anniversary, the waiters will come and sing to you in the dining room on the night you specify. But there are also "romance" packages with breakfast in bed, chocolate covered strawberries, photo, cabin decorations, etc etc that you can add on for varying amounts of money. Ask your travel agent for details or check Royal Caribbean's web site at www.rccl.com.
Congratulations on such an auspicious occasion!

Sandy
Old 04-17-2006, 05:44 AM

I went to Bermuda last August on the Zenith 7nt out of Bayonne. There is so much to do there. I agree the seven night would be better, but if the five is all you can do it will be worth it. You can get a bus pass to hop on/off the bus that takes you from one end of the island to the other. In each town you can get walking maps and just walk around the towns and see all the history. That alone can keep you busy. But there are many nice beaches. Elbow beach, Tobacco beach, Catherines beach, and Horse Shoe Bay are all nice. Catherines, and Elbow would be the better ones if you want waves. In King's Wharf there is a small run cake factory and glassworks. The blown glass vases, plates, etc are gorgeous. There is a snorkel park there also and a Maritime museum. Outside of Somerset you can find the world's smallest drawbridge. In SouthHampton parish is Gibb's lighthouse built in 1846. You can climb to the top for $2.00 In St George's be sure to see the Old Town Square re-enactment of a town dunking. Bermuda has Botanical Gardens, an Aquarium and Zoo, and Crystal Caves. And if your a golfer there are plenty of golf courses. There's so much more too!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:09 AM

I've never been to Bermuda, but was just on the Explorer, and it was awesome!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:06 PM

Congratulations on your 25th!!!
When you receive your cruise ticket/book you will see a number of things you can buy from RC to celibrate, from a cake & room decorations, to wine & cheese, flowers, etc. (you can also see these on line).
It is very easy to order on line with your credit card and everything will be waiting for you and your bride when you go to your cabin.
If you forget, or want to wait, you can usually order these things onboard the ship as well.
I pre-ordered a birthday package for my wife on the last crusie and it was a great suprise for her!
Best wishes.
Jim
Old 05-20-2006, 04:24 AM

We are also celebrating our 25th year anniversary in June. Explorer of the Seas to the Caribbean leaving Bayonne 6/02. Two days at sea each way, but we love being on the ship so it doesn't matter to us!!!

Old 05-20-2006, 12:30 PM

Congrats on your 25th!! We will be celebrating our 30th on June 4th and we snuck off and celebrated early on Voyager of the Seas in January due to businees obligations this time of year. I agree the Voyager class ships are just awsome. Have a great trip!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011

Closed Thread

Tags
25th, anniversary, bayonne, caribbean, celebrating, cruise, cruising, destination, flowers, packages, royal, wedding