Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 10:16 AM

Hello. Well, I haven't been too active, on this chat board, this past year. We did some land vacations, no cruises. We have not cruised since the maiden voyage of the Freedom of the Seas. Anyways, I have severe cruising withdrawal now. We have a 3 day family reunion/parents anniversary booked for the Monarch this may. After that cruise, we will be Diamond status. So, to get to my point, I just talked to RCCL, and found out the balcony rates increase for the Diamond level. My questions is- Can you combine the balcony discount, RCCL savings certificates you get in the magazine, and the on board credit when you book on board? How much is the on board future credit, when you book on board? I did a search, on this chat board and couldn't find it. I remember Sonny saved about $500, on his cruise. I guess you combined the savings?? Anyways, I am probably going to book something, while we are on board the Monarch. I need to Get Out There!! Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-05-2008, 10:30 AM

Another question- After you are Diamond status on the C&A, do the Saving Certificates amounts increase?? Thanks for any info, Lil' Lori

Old 03-05-2008, 11:34 AM

Welcome back Lil' Lori!

When you book a 7 night cruise while on board you'll get a $100 on-board credit; that's per cabin, not per person. As a diamond member, you'll get $200 off on a balcony cabin. You will also see and increase in the value of your coupon book. Finally, and most important, you'll have access to the Concierge Lounge! You can have free cocktails from 5pm to 8:30pm.
Remember, you won't have to decide when or where you want to cruise when you purchase a "Next Cruise Booking". It's just a booking number that doesn't expire until you use it.

Sonny
Old 03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
You can, tho, book a specific cruise and room on a ship onboard if you want? I mean, say we wanted to book a particular cabin-if it was available, the onboard person does have access to which cabins are available or not, correct?
We're going to book in Sept on Mariner for our Sept 2009 Liberty Cruise.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:22 AM

Yes Jim, you are correct.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:41 AM

Jim, when we booked our trans-atlantic on board, we picked a balcony cabin on the bump-out. We had to pay a full deposit when we did this; if we didn't have a date or ship in mind, we would only have paid $100 for the booking number. Either way, we get our on-board credit.

Sonny
Old 03-06-2008, 08:56 AM
I had planned on a full deposit anyhow, since we know what, when, which ship, etc.
I knew about the "next cruise" booking, but wasn't sure if you could do a regular booking on board too.
We have a "bump" cabin on Mariner this year; we'll see how we like it, as opposed to a regular balcony. I'm kinda tending towards a D-2 cabin on deck 10 on the Liberty's stern for the larger balcony, like cabin #1700 or #1400. We'll see tho.
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:22 AM

So, I guess you can combine the C&A discount off the balcony, and the C&A savings certificates you get in the mail?? The certificates fine print says "not combinable with any other promotion or offer..." Just curious. Jim- We had a bump cabin on the Explorer once. I loved it, we were out far enough to see down the side of the ship. It was pretty cool. Lil' Lori

Old 03-06-2008, 09:32 AM

The C&A balcony discount won't offset any other discount or special offer.

Sonny
Old 03-06-2008, 09:43 AM

Sonny- that is sooooo cool. We usually get a balcony. My husband smokes, and he likes being able to smoke on the balcony. I like to use that as an excuse, for me needing a balcony. Ok, I admit it, I love a balcony in my room. It is after all, my vacation too. You know, as I get older, 41 yrs, I am enjoying the sea days more and more. We have only had an aft balcony once, on the Enchantment. Wow, that was awesome!! I didn't like that people above you could see you, if you were way out against the rail. It was mostly a problem, when we were pulling out of port. I would book an aft again in a heartbeat. I can't wait to get out there. Lil' Lori

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, board, booking, certificate, combine, cruise, discount, rcl, savings