Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   How does the soda card work? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/24368-how-does-soda-card-work.html)

Suzy D 12-09-2008 12:47 PM

We are sailing on the Voyager of the Seas. Do I get a cup with the card? Am I suppose to keep track of this cup the entire cruise? Are there fountains to refill from or do you have to go to the bars/restaurants get a soda? Are all beverages covered (excluding alcohol?) I am not a huge soda drinker but like to stay hydrated. Does the soda card cover water? Is water in water bottles or am I going to get a cup with ice & a couple drinks of water in it? Are there any beverages that are free? Coffee, water, juices? Can you refill these with your own cup? Are there water fountians around?
Have you bought the card & wished you didnt... or the other way around? What keeps people from "sharing"?

Berick1234 12-09-2008 12:56 PM

Some ships give you a mug to refill, some give you a sticker on your Ships Card....Unless you drink a lot of soda, I mean 4 or more glasses a day, I don't think it's worth the money....You can get free juice, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, tea at the buffet.....most of the liquids are there 24-7....There is bottled water for sale, and water in the restaurants and buffet too...they will offer you bottled water, but the ships water is just as good...and it's free...You don't refill your mug yourself, you have to go to the bar and get it refilled...and some bartendars aren't too happy doing it, but most will do it without crabbing....You will love the Voyager, make sure you get to the ice show, Johnny Rockets, mini golf, climbing wall...and of course the Promanade....Happy Sailing...

Bob E

Dave 12-09-2008 03:40 PM

Look here for the details on the RCI soft drink package. You don't need to carry the souvenir cup around. This is a common misconception. You show your cruise card with the sticker on it and they'll give you a standard bar glass of soda. Bottled water is not included.

To me it really isn't a good deal. As Bob said, you won't even break even unless you drink 4 cans of soda a day. We get it for our son since it makes it easy for him to get his own drinks. We don't get the adult package.

Sharing is controlled because they want to see a soda stamped card for each drink. They are not supposed to give more than one glass at a time per person, this to keep someone from ordering 4 glasses of soda and then giving three of them to others.

Sonny V 12-09-2008 06:19 PM

You'll get a soda mug, and a sticker on your seapass card. If you don't have your mug with you, you can get a glass of soda. You'll be able to get soda in the windjammer and at your dining room table. You will have to show your card in order to get a soda. Dave is right...you can only order one at a time.

Sonny

spoheat 12-10-2008 10:07 AM

My oldest daughter never has trouble getting her soda filled at any of the bars. She is extremely pretty and 20. My youngest, also pretty but only 14, can hardly get a refill to save her life. The bartenders really have tunnel vision when you come with your soda card. The gratuity has already been paid at the point of purchase.

Berick1234 12-10-2008 01:38 PM

Know wonder I can never get a refill...I'm old and ugly......Happy sailing to one and all....

Bob E

Dave 12-10-2008 02:51 PM

You need to practice the ancient art of the greasing of the palms! I give some cash tips at the bars on the first day of the cruise and make sure my son is with me and they know he is my son. I then tip extra every so often during the cruise. My son has no problem getting noticed when he flashes his soda card.

spoheat 12-12-2008 07:16 AM

Well, as least we save some money having a daughter who is young and pretty. That younger one will start to look alluring too one of these days. Since this is an not an advantage for the parent of the teen 99% of the time, it is nice it can net good service once in a while! The rest of the time I would like them to be noticed less!

flan-man 12-12-2008 10:58 AM

I didnt see the price for a soda card. I dont drink alcohol but tend to suck down lot'z soda. Okay, Okay - i drink too much soda -
So what does a soda card thingy cost?
I am Navigator bound to Coz and this is me first cruse/trip and first time out of the US (Canada dosent count right? =)
Thank You

Dave 12-12-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

I didnt see the price for a soda card.
Welcome to cruise-chat. The price for adults is $6 per day plus 15% gratuity. It is $4 for kids. The total is paid upfront, so for a 7 night cruise you pay $48.30 on embarkation day for an adult, and $32.20 for kids.