Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 11:18 PM

Hi Everyone,
I just booked a 10 day cruise on the Explorer for my 15 yr. old son and I. It was a quick decision and now I am shivering at the thought of what I just did . I've been very ill (due to 2 accidents over 5 yrs. ago) and have to use the help of a cane to walk; however, it's always been our dream and I believe we deserve this. All this passport talk is driving me crazy because I just realized my son's passport expired last week. I was told that his birth certificate will suffice but I am a bit concerned. This trip will eat up the last of my savings and though the money is much needed otherwise, at my current state of health, I just want my son to have something to remember, other than those past terrible 5 yrs. Life is just too short... Do you agree or should I have myself comitted to a mental institution?
Please give me your thoughts but please, don't beat me up too much Oh, and did I really chose the right ship to sail with a 15 yr. old teen? Thanks for your guidance. I appreciate it. Sincerely, MsB.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:51 AM
I mean doese it really matter what other's think what is important is what do you think. If you feel this is good for you and your son really that is all that matters. if you decide to cruise you will have a great time if you don't then you did what was best for you. Either way what will make you happy????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-28-2007, 03:52 AM
Oh and by the way welcome to Cruise Chat.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:30 AM

Your son will have a ball and it will be very relaxing for you. Too late for a new passport but take the old one along with a certified copy of his birth certificate. He will need a photo ID issued by DMV or a school ID. I hope also that you got the insurance. If you have any outstanding medical conditions and just for coverage for any type of problem medical or otherwise, it is a very sound decision. Let Royal Caribbean know if you have special needs, wheel chair or whatever. There is a lot of walking.

Finally, try to stop worrying about it. You have made your decision and invested your money in a great experience, so enjoy from here on out.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:24 AM

First off Welcome Aboard Here!

I am sure Spiritfilled will agree. I am sure there will be some prayers for you and no beating up!

The passport requirements are good at this time for Birth Certificates (certified with raised seal).

You did not say when the cruise was, so it might change. Where in VA?

Best regards,
IslandCruz
Old 06-28-2007, 05:46 AM

Good Morning Island, Ken and Sprit!
FYI: The cruise is next week, 07-06, out of NJ. Yes, I know, it's what makes me happy and not what people think. I have his bc, along with his expired passport. So, I'm sure I don't have to leave him somewhere on the islands
I merely stumbled upon this site and after reading a lot of the Q&A I thought it was a good site to become a member of. Thanks for all the prayers, tips and friendly advice. I'll be sure to purchase the insurance and will get in touch with the agency I booked it with shortly. Again, thanks for the welcomed comments.
Only 8 more days!!! Yippee
B.
Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
First off Welcome Aboard Here!

I am sure Spiritfilled will agree. I am sure there will be some prayers for you and no beating up!

The passport requirements are good at this time for Birth Certificates (certified with raised seal).

You did not say when the cruise was, so it might change. Where in VA?

Best regards,
IslandCruz
Old 06-28-2007, 06:16 AM

Congrats of the decision to cruise, MsB. Get ready for one of the most amazing experiences of your life. I still vividly remember my fist cruise almost 20 years ago. It's fun to share in your excitement and anticipation. Our prayers are with you and your son. Just remember the number one rule of cruising, HAVE FUN!!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 AM
My prayers are with you and I know it will be a blessed event for you and your son, have fun, relax and just love life as it is on that cruise ship. Only a few more days i wish it was me, but happy for you.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Please give me your thoughts but please, don't beat me up too much Smile
If you think anyone will beat you up for booking a cruise, boy have you come to the wrong place!

You made a wonderful decision and I can almost guarantee you'll come back here after the cruise, saying you can't wait to book your next one. Or maybe you'll say you already booked your next cruise while onboard the Explorer!

You're going to have a wonderful time.

Sandy
Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 PM

I was on a cruise last week with my 15 yr old daughter. We did things together during the day and on a few nights. She met another girl and they ended up hanging out together in the evening so that way I got to hang out with some adults. We had a great trip!

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread