Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2007, 07:37 AM

Has anyone been to Jimmy Buffets margarittaville in ocho Rios lately? Was there 3 years ago and the kida loved the pool!
Old 01-27-2007, 03:30 PM

Hi bgtsoil, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I was there in October. Want to bring back some memories? Chick HERE OPPS! This was in Montego Bay. Sorry...

Sonny
Old 01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Umm, those photos are of the Montego Bay place.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:32 PM

montegeau bay looks wonderfull! I just wanted to make sure they had not closed ocho rios or if it had sustained any storm damage. We will be there on feb.19, and the kids will be disappointed if it is not open.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Banned

I was there in sept. and it looked great! I only had time to send a post card and look around before i had to walk all the way back out of the mall and get in a 45 min crowd to get back onboard. It was the slowest, or maybe the most crowded port we visited. The affordable beach next to margaritaville looked nice too! they had good prices and all the water toys. I will probably spend half a day there next time we visit, if the margaritas are good maybe a whole day.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Yes, going to Margaritaville when in Jamaica is a great way to avoid Jamaica.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Banned

a quick way to experience Jamaica is to catch a cab to the taj-mahal shopping center and walk the few blocks back to the pier area...past beggars, each more disfigured than the last, blind guys, guys with stumps, guys with beads..(i think i heard the kids make beads in school)...old men and young skinny kids all with one thing in common, they are all poor jamaicans...i think next time i will make that trip with a bunch of ones and discretely give them each a little before retreating to the tourist mall, beach and Buffet music.
Next time i will try a guided tour i heard of to see a little more of the countryside, but wind up in margaritaville
Old 01-31-2007, 06:21 AM

Was there last week and it was a blast. We took a guided tour through Trevor Hedlin and then they dropped us back at Margaritaville. Had a wonderful time.I didn't see any damage at all.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:35 AM

We did Phil Lafayette's tour. He was great too. He dropped us off at the dock where Margarettaville was (and our ship,) but said if we wanted to save money instead of paying high prices for food we'd get at home, then eat on board then come out and visit the local economy. A couple we met on board confirmed the overpricing to be about 3 times the cost in the USA. But, if you must have the burger and ambeiance??? Phil showed us much of the locals as we asked for, schools and such, and took us through the neighborhoods, including where the local KFC, and McDonalds was. I'm sure Trevor is just as enjoyable and both have reputations for letting you experience the Ocho Rios confortablly and safely and truely.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, buffetts, cost, cruise, dock, jimmy, margaritaville, margaritville, ocho, ochos, pier, port, reviews, rio, rios, ship, walk